Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

As a beginner

Started by Warteddy [2759683] on in Questions & Answers.

30 replies · 831 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Wiber [2065939]
Whenever you interact with other players, even the ones that have attacked you, be polite and respectful. This will help you make friends and even those out to goad you will lose interest in persecuting you. Sometimes you will see players doing the opposite. Ignore them and move on.

edit: who downvoted Skeletors post? All good advice!
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
I think it's pretty optimal to start racing early actually. You're grounded so you can easily get some classes and skill. Once you start flying (especially when you're new) you can't race much. Its only later thatbyou can dedicate more time to it

I wish I had started getting my work stats trained sooner.
SirEdge [2609907]
For new players, a number of races can get you into millions. A fair number tens of millions. Only a handful can get you over a hundred million in a single tournament (I lucked into enough wins to get out of group stage for WKT last year and then raced hard to win it. Total payout was into 8 figures). And if you can get into URT, you can make some billions.

But URT takes years of racing. As do many of the main tournaments. I would steer you toward tournaments with newbie divisions at first and JLT beyond that- their RS based divisions will give you a fair shot.

I am at 16 RS and I get thoroughly thrashed in most main events. My best hope for another major tournament win would be hitting JLT before turning over 20 RS. Because it'll probably be 3 years until I approach 30 RS unless I manage to become independently wealthy between now and then so I can focus just on racing.
Emarlite [2441561]
Depending on your activity and the fall of drug cds, it is still possible to work on other drug awards whilst taking your xanax.

For example, your drug cd reaches zero 5 hours before you are likely to go to bed, most people will automatically take a xanax, but this could mean your drug cd iscat zero for most of the time you are asleep.
However you could take an opium, or a few ketamine in that time, before taking your xanax just before sleepy time. Ensuring that very little drug cd is wasted whilst working on drug merits.

If you are one of those people who stack very early for chains or wars, don't waste that drug cd for days at end, work on opium or v8codin merit, which should you OD (can't od on opium) will not affect your stacked energy.

Yes, for some drugs with similar cds to xanax, you will have to forgo a xanax here and there. My advice would be to drop the odd one here and there when your faction 8scresetting perks and you don't have steadfast. Over time you'll get the merits without significantly ruining your xanax consumption rate.

Obviously I'm not taking into account the insomniacs. Or the addicts who will,actually set an alarm so that they don't miss taking their xanax exactly when drug cd reaches zero. Guys its a game, do not interrupt your beauty sleep with alarms x
5wan [2740387]
Make a few friends in new player chat then level out of their fast. Won't do you any good hanging around there.

If your active few times a day join a faction with at least a million respect. Preferably 2 million. Don't let your potential go to waste.
Transcend [2733122]
The most important advice day 3 is to get to level 15 as fast as you can..Your ability to make money grows significantly once you can fly.