Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

No Points Racing Recovery Guide by Rogue

Started by Rogue [1873490] on in Racing.

85 replies · 26.3k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 86 / 86 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

zace66 [2648076]
Great write up. I have been having these problems, but just persevered. At D now and finally winning some races, but I have spent all my points.
When I went up from class E to D there was no warning. So that car is stuck back in the class and I havent found a way to run in a lower class race - official, that is.
Steve_ [292383]
I'm not stuck, but have been grinding away without spending points. Currently Class B and using a Cozzy to try and steal points from dirt races. So the part about leaving and rejoining 15 mins later is really useful, because I didn't realise you could do this!

Thanks! R+
intelgamer [2205551]
Just finished the Class C grind to Class B after a few months thanks to this guide and saved 149 of the 150 points (spent one on the strip out upgrade) for the Cosworth and Class A upgrades down the road. Thank you!
Indefatigable [2517458]
honestly I do not know how the no points recovery guide to class A could work. I just got to class A and am running a cosworth with about 180 points into it. I placed 6th in one mudpit and 4th in the other. Prepare yourself for a hell of a climb I guess.

Although RNG is weird, my maxed on NSX has earned me about 15 points since I got here and the cosworth did well on the hammerhead.

So....idk.
Rogue [1873490]
Yeah. Best option there is really a mech shop or car dealer for a few weeks. Kick start the points. But if.you can't do that... it's pretty much desperation Cosworth time.

Still, people have done it. Painfully and slowly to be sure.
Rauhbautz [2108641]
I am a testament to the success of this thread. I reached Class A with one car nearly fully equipped; a Cosworth. Spammed Mudpits and Hammerheads mostly with a few Parkland and Stone Parks. I now have a stable with 6 fully equipped cars making me at least competitive on any course. Still need a couple more cars done to fit my need. You can look at my detail stats and see when I took Class A serious.

Suggest that if you are running on only one or two cars, always keep 18-20 points available for wrecks-- they happen. I have lost as many as 16 points of parts in a single crash. Running with only one car. You will want to be able to put her back out right away! Glahf.
Cheers