From the 12 education sectors, which are your top 6 and why?
Which sectors are "a must" to complete first?
sports science and combat training
Bio is definitely up there in top, needles and blood bags are insanely useful.
Getting the bachelor for these courses would be my top picks too, along with Intro to Biology so you can complete the Intravenous Therapy course, unlocking blood bags. Later on, you'll want to complete the bachelor so you can use needles. I'd say they're the "essentials" that everyone can benefit from.
Outside of that, it depends on your own priorities. If you want to run a company, obviously Business is the way to go.There's a ton of passive stat boosts spread across multiple education areas that you could aim for, they make little difference in early game but become more beneficial later in the game so unlocking them early could be useful. I like the Psychology bachelor bonus also, 10% increase in crime success rate.
I know you asked for sectors, but that's a massively broad question which would take years to complete. Instead, I chose courses.
1) Intro to Biochemistry
2) Intravenous Therapy - Use blood bags
3) Intro to General Studies
4) Driving License - Arsons
5) Sports Science Bachelor (All courses, for those tasty gym gains)
After this, I think it depends on your more specific aims in Torn.
As somebody who is enjoying RW, I would do Intermediate Biochemistry and Advanced Biochemistry, for the extra medical item effectiveness.
If I had to choose 6 sectors, in order of general importance:
1) Sports Science
2) Combat Training
3) Biology
4) Psychology
5) Mathematics
6) Self-Defence
This is really good but the one change I would make is 5 before 3 and 4.
As a new player, you'll be able to complete sports science before being onto arsons so may as well get the gains earlier.
e:
As somebody who is enjoying RW, I would do Intermediate Biochemistry and Advanced Biochemistry, for the extra medical item effectiveness.
Thanks I didn't even realise this. I unlocked bloodbags, done sports science, combat training, unlocked kick and a couple other "this will be useful long term" courses but didn't realise that one which is invaluable. Will really help towards getting the 25k medical items used merit too I guess.
Yeah, I agree with not doing driving license too early, but I wanted to keep the bullet-point list neat xD I personally didn't manage to finish my sports science bachelor before getting to Arsons... You're absolutely correct, though.
As for the 25k med items used merit - probably the opposite. Those courses are super-valuable for managing med cd. But, in turn, it'll actually mean you use less med items, so the med item merits will take longer...
Lots of good advice here. I did do psychology and some computer science in order to get the crime and hacking buffs. Psychology was my second after sports science. Then inside combat training. Biology for boosters is helpful. I just have the final to finish but I am mucking about in math and self defence in order to get the passive stat bumps. I figure that helps more than getting needles generally speaking. I find that I have enough now that my missions are pretty easy.
I actually did a couple of courses with high intelligence gains among the first ones as well, so that I could reach the Education Principal job.
In order to get 10% further reduction on Education as quick as I could.
For me blood bag, sport, history
Doing education courses to gain in work stats is not an ideal route to take, there is much more benefit from perks available rather than spending 10+ days doing a course to get an extra 80 or even 120 intelligence.
If you have a nice director you could get that 100 extra INT in just 2days if he is willing to train you in a INT role.
This is pretty close to ours, which is awesome. I don't think most recommend the drivers license so early.
After bio and drivers license we recommend:
- Sports Science
- Combat Training
- Health & Fitness
- Self Defense
- Biology
- Psychology
Sports science and biology are no brainers.
Sports science - Gym gains
Biology - Blood bags, combat boosters, more effective med items, 5% crit increase. All of these are very substantial upgrades.
Anything with passive stats after that i guess, Maybe dip into computers if hacking is something you wanna do.