Whatever the issue is, right now it seems to be only affecting some people Canada / US. While we try to debug the issue with our firewalls, you may be able to bypass it with a VPN if it's causing significant trouble. Thanks.
Some pages not loading.
Started by Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
There are no currently known issues, and i've gone for a manual look for errors like timeouts and do not see any increase. Can somebody still seeing issues give specific examples, e.g. if it 'hangs to the point of needing F5' what does that mean? If you leave it what error do you get?
I thought it was my internet, but since seeing this thread and specifically this post - I too have been getting issues on my Personal Stats page.
Page doesn’t load any stats properly and have to go back and return to them in order to fully load them (using Torn app on iPadOS). I’m in the UK.
Page doesn’t load any stats properly and have to go back and return to them in order to fully load them (using Torn app on iPadOS). I’m in the UK.
in fights for instance, clicking a weapon will show loading dots and just not do anything until refresh; on refresh it usually seems the action was successful
usually no error shows, the website just stops loading and thr main area of the webpage just stays completely blank
usually no error shows, the website just stops loading and thr main area of the webpage just stays completely blank
I've been connecting to VPNs of areas reported and failing to reproduce the issue. I don't suppose anyone sees a particular error appear in the browser console?
oh no my ranked war income.
Seriously though, this has totally ruined our ranked war the lag makes it impossible to fight.
Seriously though, this has totally ruined our ranked war the lag makes it impossible to fight.
No error it just never loads and you have to keep refreshing. I have been dealing with the issue both times we tried to chain yesterday around 7PM US Eastern and again Midnight US Eastern and it was impossible to do any group attacks as half my players got hung up on the loading screen to attack.
Are you maybe able to make a video of the issue please? We have no way of reproducing this ourselves, everything is silky smooth on our end, and over many different VPN connections. Ideally outside of attacking system - that'd be much easier.
CJ gave me information to try and record the issue. I will do my best but it will be awhile before I am able to get a chance.
Can you clarify what you mean - 'Outside of attacking system'?
Can you clarify what you mean - 'Outside of attacking system'?
My exact thought too but then I noticed everything else was instant. I tried on mobile still the same thing, I'm also in the UK
Also getting this on random pages, most recently it happens when going to Crimes or Gym. White page and "Waiting for torn.com..." for 30+ seconds, a couple of hard reloads and it works again for a while.
Issue for me is resolved at this time. It was actively occurring during my previous post, but I went to test firefox without extensions following this post and it functioned normally. Then went back to Chrome without torntools followed by with it on and it's seemingly all resolved now, knock on wood.
"Can somebody still seeing issues give specific examples, e.g. if it 'hangs to the point of needing F5' what does that mean?"
That I get frustrated after 10-15 seconds and just F5 to continue which reloads page with success of the action I created. If I waited long enough it would eventually load but I usually just switched screens for 30+ seconds as didn't have patience to wait to figure out how long.
Although this seems resolved, if it is helpful to have a look at a log of anything, this occurred at 18:38:08 - 13/3/2 while training employees at company today immediately following the train of -gUNz- highlighted in the imgur image below. I attempted to train RebelOnline, but the action stayed on loading for approx 5-10 seconds before I decided to go in reverse order of the employee list to ensure I didn't double train. It appears the train on RebelOnline I requested and waited for didn't successfully process as I was able to train him with my final available train.
https://imgur.com/a/NznPrna
Another example I'm not able to produce a screenshot of was clicking through a big list of city finds. About half way through, one of the city finds I clicked popped up a box and just had a bunch of ........... that stayed for 10 or so seconds without displaying item. I just kept clicking through the items on the map and unsure of what item this was but I'm pretty sure it successfully collected it.
"Can somebody still seeing issues give specific examples, e.g. if it 'hangs to the point of needing F5' what does that mean?"
That I get frustrated after 10-15 seconds and just F5 to continue which reloads page with success of the action I created. If I waited long enough it would eventually load but I usually just switched screens for 30+ seconds as didn't have patience to wait to figure out how long.
Although this seems resolved, if it is helpful to have a look at a log of anything, this occurred at 18:38:08 - 13/3/2 while training employees at company today immediately following the train of -gUNz- highlighted in the imgur image below. I attempted to train RebelOnline, but the action stayed on loading for approx 5-10 seconds before I decided to go in reverse order of the employee list to ensure I didn't double train. It appears the train on RebelOnline I requested and waited for didn't successfully process as I was able to train him with my final available train.
https://imgur.com/a/NznPrna
Another example I'm not able to produce a screenshot of was clicking through a big list of city finds. About half way through, one of the city finds I clicked popped up a box and just had a bunch of ........... that stayed for 10 or so seconds without displaying item. I just kept clicking through the items on the map and unsure of what item this was but I'm pretty sure it successfully collected it.
Salad broke torn with dirty bombs right? Way to go *slow claps
That's incredibly frustrating, if it was a persistent issue that we could reproduce then we'd be able to find a solution. The fact that this can just come and go without any action by us makes things very difficult, and indicates the cause is something else that isn't under our control.
I was getting the issue on Chromium browsers, I don't actively use a VPN so that isn't the issue, I do use TornTools on PC but I still got the issue on mobile so that can't be it either.
It didn't seem to be something that happened for long periods of time, more like I'd go idle and then when I went to do something the page would just forever load, couldn't F5 to fix it.
I have noticed that my browser in general has had lag spikes recently so it could be a Chrome issue.
It didn't seem to be something that happened for long periods of time, more like I'd go idle and then when I went to do something the page would just forever load, couldn't F5 to fix it.
I have noticed that my browser in general has had lag spikes recently so it could be a Chrome issue.
Perhaps some funky hops / routing issues that were resolved. Happens sometimes and resolves on it's own, it's why I didn't jump on creating a bug thread when it first occurred.
[image: media.discordapp.net]
Not sure if this is related. As I now have a new ISP, but i get this error and another that is similar quite often, but not all the time. Clearing cache and logging out/ back in only works about 50% of the time. If I go back to using data plan instead of wifi, has fixed the problem 100% of time, so far.....
Ps, using the Torn app.
Not sure if this is related. As I now have a new ISP, but i get this error and another that is similar quite often, but not all the time. Clearing cache and logging out/ back in only works about 50% of the time. If I go back to using data plan instead of wifi, has fixed the problem 100% of time, so far.....
Ps, using the Torn app.
This is not related. Sounds like an issue with your router and not the game. Perhaps try going into your router's settings and opening ports that your device may be using or seeing if there is a setting in there causing a conflict.
Might be related. Got a 500 from the server followed by the server taking 1.23 minutes to respond around 1:43 UTC. https://imgur.com/a/xGQdwYT I'll see if I can get a HAR next time.
This has all gone quiet now, so hopefully the external issue has now resolved itself. There have been a number of unexplained 'internet routing' issues over the past couple of years that unfortunately we can't do anything to resolve.