Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Winking to win

Started by Adam42092 [2742845] on in General Discussion.

10 replies · 638 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Adam42092 [2742845]
I've been reading this book for a few weeks and noticed I'm not receiving an increased contract dollars or credits from Dukes mission.
What am I missing?
How can I effectively utilize my remaining time reading this book?
SabinevonSteyn [2616736] Wiki Contributor
If that was the only book you own the effect ended on the first of February. You can check if the book is active in your icons. [image: cdn.discordapp.com]

(only reason I'm writing this is because you said you have been reading it for a few weeks, and a book only lasts for a month)

I haven't had the book myself, and I've never used a book so I sadly cant tell you how to check if its working if you are still reading it, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

Also, considering you wont have the final tiers of the duke contract unlocked you have been missing out on some of the benefits/ rewards of reading that book, for future reference I'd recommend reading up on a books entry in Andyman's book guide that you can find here before using another one.

Mentions: Knowledge is Power - Andyman's Torn Books Guide

Indefatigable [2517458]
as far as books to learn lessons on this is a good one to screw up. check with some peeps first and read andymans thread which I am too lazy to link to.
Adam42092 [2742845]
Few days, not weeks sorry. Too bad about prematurely using the book but I know it's still active, I received it on my doorstep this march and completed multiple "Hard" Duke contracts but the payout was not double in dollars or points when I completed them. Maybe I should reach out to a staff member...
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
From what I've heard the amounts that show up in the mission instructions once you are reading that book are already the double amounts. So you won't see those double further when you receive them. If you weren't reading the book, you'd see only half as many points and $ for each mission as you currently do.