Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Which API to use?

Started by J1N [2672595] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 940 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
J1N [2672595]
I'm still new to using API in Torn and I don't know which API to use in which site/spreadsheet/etc. Can somebody explain the API Key differences (Limited/MInimal/Public/Full) or point me to a forum thread? It will be a great help!

Currently I'm using Torn tools , YATA, and some stocks/trading spreadsheets. Thank you for your help!

I don't know which forum this post should be properly posted. If I'm in the wrong place, please direct me to the right one. Thank you very much again!
Ata [2507441]
Rule of thumb: ALWAYS provide the minimum permissions key. If it doesn't work, or if the script/sheet/whatever already hints what level is needed, then provide that one.

It is also good to have one key per service so if anything bad happens, you can just revoke that single key and not affect other services that you have connected.
J1N [2672595]
I've read them but maybe I'm still missing something like what specific levels provide. Thank you for the suggetions!
J1N [2672595]
Thank you!

I was afraid of security issues if I use a higher level API Key than what was just needed. I read a post before about which API key is enough for certain tools/scripts but I couldn't seem to find it now.