Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Colored chat tabs

Started by Goddog [2145384] on in Suggestions.

10 replies · 155 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Goddog [2145384]
I would love to see color change at the top of PM windows. Categorized by main location, such as faction mate, co-worker, friend, enemy, etc.

ANY feedback is appreciated. And if someone has suggested this before, please credit them below.
Nyx [2236278] Officer Officer
Moved to Suggestions. While I cannot find a thread exactly like this, I have found a few similar that I will link. Up to you if you want to read what others have said, or what issues were brought up in response:

The ability to group/colour code chat messages - https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16258058&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=22090320

Colour Nickname - https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=3&t=16165334&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20411372

Faction Chat Colours - https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16175571&b=0&a=0

Some people have already suggested TornTools colour name function in the comments, though only you will see the colours you have set.
If you are talking about the chat tabs themselves however, I could probably see a useful visual queue on areas like Global, New Players, Trade, Faction and Company chats - mostly so if someone posts an advert in Global, they can't say "Wrong Chat" as Trade chat would be an unmissable yellow and vice versa. I would avoid colours which are already linked to staff as to not confuse.

I wouldn't see the need for player dm's to be coloured though, each name of the user is seen on the tabs and if your chats are to the point of being tiny little boxes...perhaps it is time you cleared them out.

Mentions: Colour nickname · Faction chat colours - part of new perm System · The ability to group/colour code chat messages.

Goddog [2145384]
And yes tabs are exactly what I was meaning. It happened to come to mind after accidentally posting to the company and not faction as intended.
Goddog [2145384]
And yes, I do understand that there is an option for this in torn tools. However, I am pushing for the need for fewer external applications.

I would like to one day wake up not have to explain how to verify on discord and walk someone through the process of taking more space up on their phone/pc and add an extra distraction from torn.

I would even pay a tad extra to eliminate the need for any other externals. Don't eliminate the scripts and such, but implement the ability to do so on a single platform.