In life working jobs people are given PTO.
(Days or hours) In this game many of us know that actual life or any daily events can keep us away from TORN time to time. Being unable to achieve play time caused by no service, or always away from the home, or lots of things.
Creating an item for users to use when they know they will be inactive for a good period time. And item that keeps you in good hands while you stay offline.
-PTO FORM-
So many PTO form's randomly given out each month, or so many found in the city, either way.
Give me some PTO!
Would this mean that you get paid for a certain amount of inactivity? Would you be able to set the time period that you'd be away for, or is it fixed (maybe randomised?) for each form? Does sound useful if you plan in advance to be offline for a while, and if it's sellable then it will find its own natural value quite quickly. Maybe it can lock you out if you try to log back on while it's in effect - or if you log on early, you lose the money.
It could be really useful for some people and I like the idea. Not sure that Ched would allow an item that discourages you from playing Torn though :)
I like the idea of a PTO item. I would like something that prevents the company's effectiveness from going down when going on a long vacation.
This would be cool. If I have some real-world obligation it could help. Maybe they could build up over time for each member based on how long they are with the company.
How did you even find this post? How many pages back was it?
Last action 8 months ago.
Also, dude it takes like 30 seconds a day to log in, make an action, and be counted as active.
Friend of mine posted here and I saw the post and agreed so responded, how did you find the post? And yes, it is easy to login each day, but if you're on vacation with family it is very easy to forget to do your daily login if you're doing a bunch of activities.
I found the post because when you responded it moved the post to the top of the first page. Like it did this time.
While it is true that Torn is easy to forget while doing activities, there is also some point during the day that you aren't doing anything. When you first wake up, going to bed, taking a shit, etc.
And what even is the point of this thread? Is it supposed to keep a faction from kicking you out if you go inactive, supposed to keep from decreasing employee efficiency due to inactivity, all of the above?
damn right, after many years, logging in is as passive as breathing. Unless there's no service but then again are you living in a cave or underwater? XD
The point is just for people that play Torn to voice their opinions I believe, and I think I would like to see it stop from decreasing employee efficiency due to inactivity, or maybe they can even implement temp agencies for people to be hired while others are on hiatus. I'm not sure I understand your argument though. Is it that this would be pointless to add because it's easily avoided via logging in?
My point last month when I first responded was how easy it is to log in each day and be counted active.
Now that I'm re-reading it. I'm trying to picture the way op is intending for the suggestion to be used, as it's pretty vague. How long are we talking about when he says "inactive for a good period time" and how long of a period should be allowed if this suggestion was implemented?
What are the limits of it? Ex. If a director goes inactive for 3 days, does the game automatically refill the company stock? If faction leaders go inactive will someone run the organized crimes for them? If someone is inactive with pto during a ranked war, are they able to be attacked by the enemy faction? What exactly does "keeps you in good hands while you stay offline" mean?
There are no details laid out, and honestly I picture this thread being the knee-jerk reaction to op getting fired from his company because of inactivity, with no thought whatsoever being put into actual implementation. It's just asking for a way to get credit for logging in without logging in.
It may be the case, but that's also a huge assumption to make about someone. My ideas a little different compared to theirs where there are just items you can consume that give you 'active' days in case you forget to login. Definitely without much form and a knee-jerk kind of idea, but that's not really bad. The point of the forum is to offer up your suggestions and for others to voice their feedback about it after all. You challenging the idea is also great! For example, I wouldn't have thought about any of the points you brought up about how it would affect different aspects if you hadn't.
From the points you've brought up I'm not sure if a 'catch all my off days with this item' is perfect because there are so many scenarios, but I like the idea of generating PTO from a job to have some kind of benefit when one goes awol. Although this idea probably won't be implemented because of the lack of interaction from the community (which is fine, you like what you like) it's still fun and productive to discuss and think on what could be.
Oh yeah, when I asked what the point was, I meant about this particular thread, not the suggestions forums as a whole.
In regards to this exact suggestion. If it had been more specific and actually pinpointed a company focus, with the effects being the ability to not have your employee efficiency decrease due to inactivity, then I could understand that, and as long as it doesn't get too carried away, then I would probably even give it a thumbs up. I don't think more than a day, or two back to back at the absolute max should be attainable. I don't think they should be given out each month and don't think they should be in city finds, and don't think the should be very common at all. Maybe 1 day of pto given for your 1 year anniversary in a company. All though honestly, even that seems like too much.
I do tend to be somewhat critical of posts like this though, I have to admit. The way I am and see things, for someone to suggest for an entire change to a game, which involves actual people to meet on this subject and figure out how to add it to the game and then write the code to do so, then that person should have at least a good understanding of the existing mechanics of the game as well as how the suggestions would merge with them.
For a suggestion to be taken seriously, it should be more akin to a persuasive essay on why this game should be changed to include a certain idea, rather than a thought that popped in someones head. In my opinion.