Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Request for API example responses

Started by BollePapzak [2575480] on in API Development.

1 replies · 114 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
BollePapzak [2575480]
I'm currently in the process of developing a Torn API client for JS/TS with full type definitions for the API responses. So far it's coming along nicely, you can check the current state here on Github: https://github.com/daanjo3/torn-api-client. I'm currently working on translating the API response into Typescript interfaces.

I'm running into the issue where I don't have access to certain parts in the API, like that of the company or faction.
I realize that I can always just create a dummy faction and then call the API, but that doesn't seem to be a desireable method. Also this would be a hassle for companies.
Another method would be to ask my director and faction leader for the data, but that would require them to anonymise a great deal of information probably.

So therefore the question, does anyone know a way to get access to example responses for the faction and company API?

For instance via some development api key? Or does someone have one ready to share?
Patient [2131539]
You'll have to either have access yourself, or find someone willing to give or sell theirs to you. No real way around that.

I don't see why your faction leader and director would have to, or would even be able to anonymize anything, as long as you're not storing their API's or the information from them in the code.