Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Memories

Started by Teddy- [1724400] on in General Discussion.

35 replies · 1.09k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
36
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Teddy- [1724400]
Some of the newbies here won't ever know what Torn was like going on 17 years ago

I like to reminisce occasionally so I thought I'd share some old facts

There used to only be one gym

The largest most expensive property was a mansion

Points on the market were about 24k each

The city was just a list of links

Before travel was introduced, the best weapon you could get was from Big Al's. It was the Steyr Aug for around $100k, the price has never changed

If I remember correctly, factions were only allowed 15 people, which lead to a large number of sub/sister factions. Some of the largest groups of factions included Crystal Dragon and North Sea Mafia

The top faction for quite a long time was 39th Street Killers

Oh and my favourite place to spend time was on IRC, before the days of Discord and in game chat.

Apart from Ched and Davz, the oldest staff member I can remember was called Alex, and he was an admin before community managers existed. Fast forward a bit and it was Clansdancer, hydr0 and wolfeh

What is the earliest piece of Torn history you can remember?
Patrick [2671879]
omg your refill income must be off the charts.

earliest piece of torn history i can remember is when i was able to get the name patrick.
Teddy- [1724400]
I didn't share the same values or necessarily agree with the community managers at the time ;)

Probably the reason why none of them are admin any more lol
J-D [921949]
I remember being bored out my brain waiting for drug cool-down and nerve so quit and come back 12 years later to a far better game than it was then so fair play.
Teddy- [1724400]
My brah Evil-Duck ;) stole my wife you little git

Another memory: most hated player and biggest troll of the period around 2010-2011, Evil-Duck...lol

Think I probably dished you out a forum ban or two ;)
Evil-Duck [1182047]
Haha very nice, what a sight for sore eyes you are.

Times have changed brother, I'm no longer the most hated but now the most LOVED. And it sure feels good.

Love you lots like jelly tot xx

Peace
krasswez [2667147]
Does anyone per chance have some screenshots of what early TORN looked like? I think I saw one a few months ago, can't really remember where. But would really be interested in seeing how TORN looked in the early days ... or maybe even just 10 or 5 years ago :-)
Teddy- [1724400]
It uses to be torncity.com before being just torn. I don't have any of my own screenshots but here was the first login page

http://web.archive.org/web/20040811182646/http://torncity.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20040911235052/http://www.torncity.com/register.php

It changed again in 2008 by the looks of it before resembling what it is now