Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

"What do I do now?" Beginner Reference

Started by VYNICAL [2448434] on in Tutorials & Guides.

69 replies · 12.5k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 70 / 70 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

bbrainstormer [2644018]
Good guide! 2 things:
I did the math, and grocery store manager is worth ~350k/day, but it is random
Also, the music store perk for the increased gym gains is at 3*, not 4*.
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
Boop

Disagree on crimes path, but i guess it is better that way for the merits you'd get. If you want faster ce gain, 1k jackets, 500 thorough, get the driving licence done, and try arsons while working through thorough. If getting greens, move to arsons

Arsons as soon as possible ensures the most ce gain. And ofc, due to how much you gain from jackets, thorough, arsons, if you even have some fluke arson successes initially, you'd be golden
mezmer [2720412]
Wish I’d found this guide earlier. Many thanks!
The link to busting guide doesn’t seem to be working for me.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
Yes, but currently Firefox users only have access to an outdated version.
  • 6.5.0 - 25th January <-- Firefox
  • 6.5.1 - 9th February
  • - includes faction fixes
  • 6.5.2 - 3rd April <-- Chrome
  • - includes travel fixes (not an huge issue at your level as you can't fly)
This is because Mozilla reversed our 6.5.1 update, and straight up blocked our 6.5.2 update due to 'issues' with our 3rd-party library usage. We provided them with what they asked (versions and direct links), but are now asking how those versions are made, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Lich7 [2830707]
Thank you! This is one of the best guides I ever read, how come I just found it now...
I hope more newbies can find, read, and l from this, bump!