Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

lost E?

Started by The_Cake [202282] on in Bugs & Issues.

10 replies · 203 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

The_Cake [202282]
not sure if this is a bug or normal but tried to attack someone abroad and they travelled but it used my E.

04:11:51 - 10/03/22 You used 25 energy attacking Maadi but failed due to a status change [view]
Catarchy [2632824]
i'm not Pavel but it is intended (as seen in the forum some time ago and confirmed by staff) since your opponent is free to travel between the attack initiation and your first action.

EDIT
i'm probably wrong judging by this thread, although i'm sure about seeing recently someone else in the same situation and staff confirming it was intended.
if only the forum search was useful...

Mentions: Opponent departed foreign country midfight

Hornz [2220919]
Understandable confusion, though what I said is still true. It's a rare situation that I've seen happen a dozen or so times over the years that I've been playing, and I've tested a few times to confirm. We would never know if it were intended or not without a bug report like this one, but I honestly can't say I would have ever thought to create a bug report on it considering there's even flavored text in the attack log when this happens.

The report you linked above definitely makes it seem like this isn't intended, so I'll be following along with this one for an update.

Edit: Reading back through some even older bug reports (pre-dating my account), it seems that the flavored text is there because it was once intentional but no longer is.
Catarchy [2632824]
can you explain if this is a particular case or if in all other similar situations the E spent should be refunded? i've linked another thread a few posts above where i don't think the OP was refunded, for example.

EDIT: OP was actually the one who flew under attack, i haven't checked who was the attacker.
The_Cake [202282]
Only just noticed this reply. thanks for the refund, don't remember noticing though xD would it have mattered if I was already full E?