I've had a target come up in my missions that hasn't been online in over a year, but they have donator status.
I assume it could be possible for someone to buy up a ton of packs and stack donator status for a long time. But I would be a little concerned if they're a subscriber when they're not playing any more.
Are there any processes in place around subscribers becoming inactive?
Unless they are paying for subscription. So it renews every month.
My Subscription are set to annually and auto renewal. I believe there's a possibility where some players just forget about the subscription and let it deduct annually.
That's completely on the user, not Torn. I worked in banking customer service for years and you'd be amazed how often people would forget about subscription services. Even seen some go on for months, even years, without the customer remembering to cancel. Definitely no fault of the company. The buyer should be aware of what they are paying for and see that in their statements or on their account.
are they a donator or a subscriber? cause I've racked up over a years worth of don days with referrals
I remember -Knights- (a true Torn OG) was paying for years after he quit. Not Torn's issue though.
Torn actually has it implemented so after a certain amount of inactivity, they cancel the subscription
In 2020 the devs added a system that is supposed to notify them on any subscriber account that has been inactive for 93+ days.
maybe a blind spot in the system if you’re still seeing them. Could help them save a few bucks and report the account.
Oh for sure. But I would hope that Torn would at least send some sort of email reminder or something, especially if the user is inactive
Pretty sure they added something in that stops you from being a donator after so many days inactive
Edit didn't read 2 posts up ^^
Ah that's it! Couldn't remember when it happened or how long inactivity
There isn't a limit on how many DPs you can use.
You beat me to it lol
Here is the patch list with the change- Added system to notify us of inactive subscribers (93+ days) so we can cancel them before renewal
Mentions:
Patch list #163 : 13/10/2020
How many of us here still have active gym memberships and when was the last time you went?
Never had it.
I have a home gym instead. Which I don't really use xD
A home gym? You mean an expensive clothes rack?
Ched really doesn't seem to get this whole capitalism thing. I mean, this kind of decency is so inappropriate in todays cut-throat world of business.
Just one more reason I am happy to be a subscriber.
You read my mind
When I brought such an account to the attention of staff a long time ago, the response I was given was that at one time it was possible to stack Donator Packs and some people did and that is still ongoing.
So it might be an issue like that?
Moved to Q&A for others wondering the same.