Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cannot complete Duke contract while flying

Started by Mr_Mestopheles [2048355] on in Bugs & Issues.

10 replies · 162 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mr_Mestopheles [2048355]
According to the newspaper article...

Citizens can also accept contracts from NPCs via the missions page, and customize their merit arrangements through the awards page, both of which are now available throughout the world!

I had the Duke mission, "Safari" in which I fly to South Africa to defeat a target using only a rifle.
This I did and then with the new side bar was able to see the mission I had just completed.
It did not allow me to complete the mission though.
It gave me the message along the lines of', "You can't do this while flying"

I did not get a screen shot at the time.
The mission was accepted prior to the patch being released.
Mr_Mestopheles [2048355]
That makes no sense what-so-ever.
If you can accept a contract whilst flying then you should be able to complete it as well.
The Safari mission makes this relevant.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You need to communicate with Duke when you are trying to Complete or Decline Contract. This is not possible when you are flying, as the Duke sits in Torn.

Accept Contract is available as the communication about the mission objective has already taken place between Duke and you. This is all intended to be this way.

I will pass this along to Joe to check if it is possible to grey out the Complete Contract button, akin to Decline Contract button. If not, we will need to correct the word "Travelling" to its US variant "Traveling".

Thanks..!!
DOGSPM [1910706]
Doesn't work completing the Penelope mission either. Almost made a new bug report.

I agree with OP. If you can accept, you should be able to complete. Also, if you have a laptop, communication with Duke shouldn't be an issue.
SirEdge [2609907]
Duke does post on the forums, so there is precedent for having electronic communication with him. It would remain a problem on Penelope when the mission involves an item changing hands.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
I think people are missing the intent here.

In the past, if you tried to do that mission but forgot to hit "accept" before you flew, then you would get there and could not do the mission.

So with the change, it lets you accept the mission (and then do it by attacking the target) instead of just having to cuss at yourself and do it all again on the next trip.

That's a nice change for players.

Then you have to fly home and complete the mission back in Torn, just like always. Think of it as needing to walk into Duke's crappy little excuse for an office to tell him "I did the job for you" and collect your money.
Mr_Mestopheles [2048355]
If I fly at 23:30 TCT to Japan I will be over the digital ocean at the start of new day.
New mission becomes available at 00.01 TCT.
It will be interesting to see if I am able to accept the new mission without even being in Torn City.