10 replies · 432 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
20
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
Most-liked replies
Qfiffle[2557282]Committee
· 4 likes · IMO selling losses early on is only worth it to fund battlestats training, otherwise you'll get very behind your peers. However, funding work stats training can indirectly fund battlestats training for a new player. If you set your sights on …
If i sell losses at 200-300k a loss. With xanax thats 14 losses. 3mil to 4.2mil and travel during the cool down buying 15 pandas selling at 70k a panda which is 980000 every trip.
Its 200k to 300k a stat train. Essentially meaning i could get 500-650 a primary stat. 250 - 325 a secondary.
Would it be a good idea to do this for perma stat increases long term.
Not in my opinion, but you're free to determine your own style of play.
I assume you're talking about working stats, in which case you're sacrificing battle stats, as well as faction participation in chains and wars for working stats.
Took that into account. Depends on how often they chain. Course you wouldnt want to drag a faction down. Hence the flying during cooldown, cant do massive chain attacks. 14. But would still be making money to afford xanax to keep going. Especially with the faction having overdose reduction and all that
Well I always say money comes first before stat. I also think unless we have rich friend, get lucky in city find/ community events/ casino, or buy DPs, then we just gotta do what we gotta do including sell loses. I didn't train at all my first 100 days either. I regret never sold loses either. It would be faster for me to grow if I did.
BUT ... Make sure if you do sell loses with xanax, make sure you are in faction with not a silly leader who forgot how it was when he was a noob n make sure you are in faction with full toleration perk. Otherwise on long run rehab billls may make your efforts not worth it.
Also dont sell loses during chain n don't use faction xanax n meds
IMO selling losses early on is only worth it to fund battlestats training, otherwise you'll get very behind your peers. However, funding work stats training can indirectly fund battlestats training for a new player. If you set your sights on a 10* AN job to be able to do doubly effective happy jumps, you'll probably need to buy trains for a while to get into one. (Or buy trains from one, to get them to accept you). Similarly with a 10* sweet shop for 99k happy jumps, though those have slightly lower workstats requirements than ANs.
You shouldn't sell losses for less than $350k per loss. You may be able to make more working for one of the loss-selling groups than on your own, if you have trouble finding customers.
An alternative to spending money on work stats trains is to use the money to fund regular happy jumps and/or xanax training if you couldn't otherwise afford it. If you sell losses from one xanax, that can be used to buy two more to take that day, for training.
Most factions won't be okay with you flying or selling losses during chains or ranked wars. Some would permit you to fly if you are out of e/cooldown until you recover that, but that would normally be short flights like Mexico. Some will ask you to fly longer distance during wars if you have low stats compared to their other players. Those might be the best fit for your playstyle. If you are intending to fund yourself by selling losses and travelling, pick a faction with +10 travel items and full toleration. You can probably find one that only chains or wars once a month. Sacrificing a couple of days a month with no flying and no loss selling would be more than made up for by those perks.
What I wouldn't do is just sell losses and fly long distance without a set goal in mind for the money, with an end point where you will switch to other sources of income that don't impact your stats (e.g. once you are past happy jump stage, or once you get into a 10* AN, or once you have $2B in the bank or something). And I wouldn't spend money on work trains without a set goal for your work stats (e.g. the stats someone has told you you need to work for their company, or the stats you need to rush the city jobs, or something like that).
I wouldn't do it to boost your working stats instead I would do it and focus on maxing your bank investment ($2B)
I sold escapes personally to max my own bank investment which many wont agree with but as someone who doesn't buy donator packs I thought it was the best way to fill my bank and have the passive income coming from that, I sold escapes for like 40/50 days worth of training I think and I was selling like 45/50 escapes a day at 700k minimum, I used Naytt's escape service for selling a lot of mines and I'd highly recommend it link I already had some money in my bank investment if I had to guess around 200M but I did make around 1.3B from selling escapes, the last person I sold escapes to was very generous and sent me a gift to fill the rest of my bank, the hard part of selling escapes is that for me anyways it was pretty hard to find people who bought escapes so sometimes I would have to sell losses instead so I wouldn't be losing out on natural energy/xan CD.
after I was done selling escapes/losses it was around Christmas Town so I was then able to spam happy jumps with my money from CT and have the 2B invested which helped me out a lot and I still have the 2B in the bank constantly making me passive income which is a huge help, I'd recommend selling escapes but always have a goal to work towards and don't just constantly do it, I've seen people say they just want to get a certain stock and once they get it they want more and more and still continue to sell escapes instead of working on their battlestats & also make sure to stay away from the casino during this as you will be making a lot of money and the thought might come through your mind but if you lose that money you just worked for you will only be further away from your goal and more time not focusing on your stats.
If you do plan on selling escapes or even losses feel free to message me and ill try to help you if you need it (this goes for anyone reading this) and at the end of the day its up to you how you play the game.
To me, the game is about combat ability, and 95% of combat ability is battle stats. Money is a very useful tool, since it can help fund better training, but it is a tool, not an end-goal.
So I don't recommend selling losses on a regular basis. You give up a lot of training by doing that. I do see some times where selling losses would be worth it, but mostly for shorter periods of time, and with a specific shorter term goal in mind. Like funding your first PI rental, for instance.