Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn PDA

Started by Breadfan [361121] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 238 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Breadfan [361121]
Is Torn PDA worth the dl?
I mean what's to gain vs. using the Torn app?
I'm also leary of logging in to a second party app with my login info here.
Kind of odd.
Kelsie [340367]
I personally like using Torn PDA for a few things (I still use the iOS app mostly though). Being able to check my city finds is pretty slick. And be able to see my stat effective is top-notch, esp when we are warring and what have you. It's a nice alternative for certain things if I can't make it to the computer at that time.

I'm fairly certain people use that as their main app, but as I don't, I can only touch on the key points from above xD.

It's safe and super lovely, even if you just use it for the few things like I do. If I remember right, I believe people liked to also use it for chaining targets too? Being able to see your last hit targets (versus having to search through your faction) is really nice as well.
Breadfan [361121]
Thanks.
No worries about log in details?

Edit
I'm not sure because it's second party. Who knows what they can see.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
There is always risk using a 3rd party application for any game. Torn PDA is very well known and utilized by a lot of people. I'd say at this point, you could regard it as being safe.

Of course, being 3rd party, use at your own risk. I think you'll be okay here tho.
Sulsay [2173590] Tester
You don’t login to torn pda like you do torn. It just needs an API key. Never share your login credentials with anyone or any app. Never
Asbestos [2605613]
If you use the IOS app, IOS will alert you that the app is filching the contents of your clipboard when you open it. Remember the big kerfluffle when TikTok got caught doing the same data hijack? There are a couple bug report threads on this. My understanding is that it will never be fixed as they are not updating the app.

TornPDA does not exhibit this highly undesirable behavior.


On top of the security issue, PDA is a really great app. Manuito has really done an outstanding job with it. I can’t say enough good.

Chaining, in particular, is really really good in PDA. It’s the fastest way I know to run through your chain list including a desktop browser with your favorite extensions.