Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

grave please

Started by Thor_rules [2741665] on in Graveyard.

16 replies · 265 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Thor_rules [2741665]
Ok, so I would like to start this thread by explaining a few things first. I started playing torn a few months ago and immediately fell for this game, it took me months to figure out even the basics and I have been toiling to be better, It was suggested to me that travelling was the goal to achieve for beginners so they could start making better money, so at level 15 literally on my first trip there was a dirty bomb that stopped travel all together so I waited and the second it unlocked I was off to my first destination Mexico. I was at my computer but before I could buy any items I was killed by a level 32, so I was mad and sent a message to my killer and told them that they sucked, and maybe called them an idiot or something along those lines, bu whatever he went away and all was ok for weeks but out of the blue some level 89 guy hospitalized me for 4 hours and literally second after I was discharged from the hospital he hospitalized me again, so I sent him a message asking him what was the problem, so he gives me some cryptic answer that you should be careful who you send messages to, and that someone from his faction made a complaint on me (the level 32 from earlier) bewildered that someone twice my level was calling on their longtime user (15 years) to bully a new player, anyways so I was stuck being killed literally 24/7 by a player I could do nothing to, I tried blocking them, ignoring them, asking for help from anyone who would listen, but nothing I did would get him to stop, So that's where I'm at its been 3 weeks and I'm kind of sick of being banned from playing by a relentless bully. So to everyone out there please share your stories and let's at least expose these monsters, they live in the dark so let's shine some light on them.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
The more you play the more you immune of getting hit. By immune, it doesn't mean you won't get hit. But you care less n less about it. I suggest you learn it fast.
Hospital is not bad place to be. It's safest place in torn to avoid losing war (sometimes) and to protect your money. Learn to work around it. By learn to work around it, only get out of hosp when you really need to train or do crime which is every 5 hours.

Use your faction meds to get out of hospital. If your faction does not have meds, move out to other faction who does have meds.

I agree that u should learn to chill when someone hit u. It's part of the game. How else people gonna do their merits or chain huh? So calm down, that lvl 80 won't sit on you forever. He needs to train or other level 80 will use him as their chain target. But learn to control your emo. If you angry, do not insult ur attacker. Just hit back his weaker faction mate for as many time u get hit.

Last but not least, remove his name from ur post. I told u learn to chill
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
Its unfortunately pretty common in torn, especially since doing this to new players is so easy. You can do a few things:
a) Ask your faction leader to intervene on your behalf, and ask either them or their faction leader for them to stop.
b) If they don't, don't waste your time, money and energy fighting it. Put them on ignore list, and train your ass off, and beat them. This won't be possible for the level 80 guy, but it will be for the level 32, should he ever attack you. You'll soon make friends, who will be strong as well. If they keep doing it, ask the friend if they could do something.
c) Let them waste their energy and money attacking you. Learn to deal with hosps. Its pretty easy. If they hosp you while you're offline and sleeping, they're wasting their e. If they hosp you when you're online, only med out when you need to do something, do it quickly, and then wait for the hosp. No need to med out and use med cd unnecessarily. Save it for when you need it. They would eventually get bored. If not, your development isnt hampered and youd beat them eventually, even if it's years down the line. Till then it's a free hosp. You can also just fly a lot and make it hard for them to hit you during your active times, if you're not doing much in torn

d) If you feel your current faction isn't able to protect you (and it may not be their fault, some players are just strong enough that small factions can't really do much about them), join a larger faction with stronger people in it, who can protect you. Most people wouldn't pick fights with someone in 39ths trainer facs, for example, since there is the threat of retaliation.

Ignoring is the best strategy tbh. If it doesn't work, let their pettiness fuel your drive to progress and then beat then one day. Good luck!
Thor_rules [2741665]
Thank you for the information it's hard to figure out what to do since I'm pretty new even navigating forums is difficult, lol. but honestly, I appreciate the helpful advice, when I'm a level 75, our pretty tough I will start a faction called the avengers where we will listen to peoples stories and intervene in their behalf, it will be cathartic after my personal experiences lately, lol
Thor_rules [2741665]
being new to a game doesn't give me rights to ignorance but your totally right when you say I shouldn't have engaged the level 32, to begin with, lesson learnt I guess, it's funny though just in the few hours this post is up I have new bounties on me and an entirely new enemy apparently, so I don't want to poke any bears. lol
Thor_rules [2741665]
Wow, this is a pretty intense forum, I'm afraid of saying anything, it's like every word uttered makes me new enemies. Should I just erase this entire thread if that is even possible? Can we all just chill out, please! There is such a thing as a discussion Right?
JustJanet [911066]
People are dicks. it's just part of Torn's charm. you just have to bear with it until they find something new and shiny to pay attention to. you keep training and doing your thing. just work around hospitalizations. If you do, then eventually you will be able to beat your bullies, because most bullies are so impressed with their ability to beat up newbs that they don't train enough to continue to beat them. one day you will stalemate them and that moment is worth the bullying. Trust me.
Floyd [2514492]
edit it out and change the title to "grave please" then lay low and don't engage with anyone who annoys you, ignore all negative people you cross paths with and you will enjoy Torn all the more
Thor_rules [2741665]
You give me hope and then the others just want to crush me for what? I don't get it. Are we supposed to just work, train, mug, travel repeat is that the point or is it ok to interact with other players and maybe meet new people playing from all over the world? I'm NOT A BAD GUY if anyone wants to give a stranger the benefit of the doubt!
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
No need to grave this. You asked a question in qna forums. You werent looking to make a vigilante justice mob or anything. Helping players who have questions about the game is what this subforum is about.

Don't worry about the bounties. As dede mentioned, learn to work around them. The bounties are just additional hosps. You can get out of hosp, do crimes, train, whatever else you need to do, start race, then either chill in hosp till you need to do something else, or travel. Be sure to be online when you land, so that you don't get hosped abroad due to any bounties.

You're right in that torn is a social game. Its not just about gym/crimes/clicking buttons. Not completely. The forums can be a minefield though. Ultimately it doesn't matter. You'll find both helpful peeps and people who aren't so friendly. My experience has been largely positive. I'm sure yours will too. Just ignore and don't get worked up about the bad. It mostly doesn't matter, even if it seems it does rn
VonSchraeder [1027488]
Shall I provide the rest of the story....he was mugged in a foreign country, and accused my spouse of being, "a greedy bitch in real life". Despite being attacked and mugged by someone else. The fool then made accusations about others. I wanted him to feel some justice. And his complaints are falling upon deaf ears. If he is really a good person, apologize for his misdeeds, otherwise- suffercthe consequences of stupid actions and deal with the hate he brought upon himself