Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[SRC] Edit your ''Bazaar Background Colour''

Started by Business [1599081] on in Tutorials & Guides.

7 replies · 991 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
29
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100
Business [1599081]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Basic, but a detailed explanation of how to add a background colour to your Bazaar.[/background]


(Including source code)



[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]I just spent the past hour trying to correctly setup probably the most simplest of things with my bazaar...[/background]


[/background]

[image: i.imgur.com]




After continuous attempts, reaching out to multiple people and discussing the confusing choice that Chedburn has made on using BBCode for profile signatures, and HTML for Bazaars... I finally figured out how to correctly do it. Now, I'm not taking all the credit, as I did get help figuring this out. I also don't believe this is the most CLEANEST way to do this, but it's the way I finally figured out how to get it done.

Step by step guide:
  • Find your bazaar page: (usually https://www.torn.com/bazaar.php?)
  • Locate the arrow that opens up your dropdown menu at the top-right of the page.
  • Click into "Personalize", and find the "A" dropdown menu button at the top-right of the signature box.
  • Find where the "source code" option is, which usually is within "Tools" and click into that.
Copy this now and paste it into that source code box:
<div> TEXT HERE </div>

Wallah! You should now have a bazaar that looks like this.
[image: i.imgur.com]

Some useful details that can always be changed!
  • If you want the text colour to be different, you change the first part of the code line from "color: #a93226;" to any desired color.
  • If you want a completely different background colour, then of course edit the next part of it to whatever background colour you want.
  • Looking to add an image? You can do that, just make sure you go back to the main bazaar personalisation box and add your image there.
In my bazaar, I made it so the image is clickable to a trading price-list that is still in the works. Along with the same image I use on my profile.
Make sure you you highlight the image you want to add a link to first by dragging your mouse over it.

And then all you have to do is find the linking part here:
[image: i.imgur.com]

Then add your link to it, and wallah!
[image: i.imgur.com]

It should now have your image, clickable, with a fully custom background colour to stand out.

Thanks for taking a read, help your friends out if they need it.
If you know of better ways, feel free to post below and I'll add your information into the thread for easier ways!
spookieolive [2728974]
thank you for this! when i first set mine up i spent a long ass time searching through the forums before giving up, kept trying to use <style> rather than <div> bc my html is extremely rusty :P