Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Training a weak stat

Started by -Wildcard- [528491] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 251 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

-Wildcard- [528491]
Hey,

So I'm a returning player who came back to Torn a couple of months ago after a 6+ year absence. I've been reading up on the modern battle stat ratio recommendations and training guides, and it seems like the most sensible thing for me to do right now is aim to get all stats up to the 50m cap and then continue def whoring from there.

My def is already 100m+ so I can leave that alone and just work the other three. However, my dex is absolutely puny. Like 0.03% of my total. So that's the stat where I've got the most work to do.

My question is: What should I do with my 100+ refills and various stockpiled drugs/boosters? Use them now to train my crappy dex as quickly as possible, or save them for later once I'm back to def whoring for maximum gains? Or use them in the middle with i'm trying to train str and spd from 10m to 50m each?

If i stock up on DVDs and do max happy jumps to train my dex and burn through refills doing that... what sort of gains will I see if I'm starting with like 40k dex? Is it even worth doing or will my refills and drugs be wasted training such a low stat?
I assume I'd see much better value from those refills, drugs, and boosters if I use them for training my def, or even srt/spd?

I get the impression that there might be no right answer to this question and it will depend on how much networth I am comfortable blowing on drugs and boosters. If I want to minimize that overhead and only want to plan for how to use my current resources in the most efficient way possible without buying any more refills/drugs, then is it wasteful to consume these things on dex training?

Side note: Is it still bad form to talk so openly about your battle stats in the forums? I might delete this post later if so. Although muggers be warned - my wallet rarely contains over 1mil. So if you're strong enough to mug me, it's probably not an economical use of your energy to mug me :)

Thanks!
MothaFukkaJones [2631050]
I think the general answer would be to first join a faction with steadfast specials. Combine these (and any rotations that are in place) with the best gym that you have access to for the stat you wish to train.

Under 400k you should be happy jumping, over 400k and its usually better to take as many xanax as you can afford, along with all the natural e, energy refills, and extras such as cans and FHCs.
Revilo [2705361]
Possibly use the refills for happy jumps to allow yourself to maximise the large amount of happy. Max happy then dump the refills? From what I see, e always the same wether u get it over time or from a bunch of refills. So maxmimising the large amount on hand with a happiness increase would be benifical as it would save you doing alot of happy jumps
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
definitely use the free refills to train your dex with max happy jumps, if you want to train it. You can't use daily energy refills until you've used your free ones, so no point in trying to save them. You can use a calculator like this one to find out exactly what gains you'd get from using your refills at what stats points and what happy.