Edible Easter Scene
Started by bogie [148747] Admin on in Community Events.
Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
[image: i.imgur.com]
Cos i messed up my first entry and I dont read the rules properly
Now you can all eat my Eater Bunny Hat
Yes certain parts you can eat
Wishing everyone on Torn a Happy Easter
PS the actual hat is cake
Cos i messed up my first entry and I dont read the rules properly
Now you can all eat my Eater Bunny Hat
Yes certain parts you can eat
Wishing everyone on Torn a Happy Easter
PS the actual hat is cake
Dear Torn Community,
My wish is that the war in Ukraine will end as soon as possible.
I wanted to show my support and this is what i made of it.
Sending my love to all people affected by this war and anyone who need it... Stay strong!
A 100% Ukrainian cake would not meet the criteria of this competition so i thought i would show you some leaked footage of Bogie testing the Egg Propelled Launcher in his own habitat.
[image: i.imgur.com]
video
It took me 3 days to create this cake, i did enjoy every minute of it. :)
Big thanks to my husband who was so sweet to manually turn the cake around for the vid.
It's a blue velvet cake with vanilla buttercream and apricot jelly.
Bogie and the flowers are made out of fondant.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Happy Easter,
Hugs Ane
My wish is that the war in Ukraine will end as soon as possible.
I wanted to show my support and this is what i made of it.
Sending my love to all people affected by this war and anyone who need it... Stay strong!
A 100% Ukrainian cake would not meet the criteria of this competition so i thought i would show you some leaked footage of Bogie testing the Egg Propelled Launcher in his own habitat.
[image: i.imgur.com]
video
It took me 3 days to create this cake, i did enjoy every minute of it. :)
Big thanks to my husband who was so sweet to manually turn the cake around for the vid.
It's a blue velvet cake with vanilla buttercream and apricot jelly.
Bogie and the flowers are made out of fondant.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Happy Easter,
Hugs Ane
cute bubble gum ~
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
The Easter Bunny has a tough time this month! He tries to do good things, leaving eggs all around for nice people to find. But they all chase him down for more!
!I'm laying as fast as I can! Why are you chasing me??!
[image: i.imgur.com]
Finally, he's had enough! He turns to fight these entitled little hoodlums.
Alright! Now you've made me mad!!
[image: i.imgur.com]
Alas, the poor Easter Bunny is overwhelmed by the horde of tiny attackers. Down he falls....
[image: i.imgur.com]
!I'm laying as fast as I can! Why are you chasing me??!
[image: i.imgur.com]
Finally, he's had enough! He turns to fight these entitled little hoodlums.
Alright! Now you've made me mad!!
[image: i.imgur.com]
Alas, the poor Easter Bunny is overwhelmed by the horde of tiny attackers. Down he falls....
[image: i.imgur.com]
Here are some cakes me and my daughter made. (there were more but we ate them!)[image: i.imgur.com][image: i.imgur.com]my nephew wasn't that keen on bunnies so we made some Dino egg nests too[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
Maple, rosemary, basil and garlic, balsamic glazed pork chops with crouton and parmesan herb crusted tomatoes garnished with green onion. My take on an edible arson.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Prep pictures.
Maple, rosemary, basil and garlic, balsamic glazed pork chops with crouton and parmesan herb crusted tomatoes garnished with green onion. My take on an edible arson.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Prep pictures.
Welcome to my Private Island of Torn, we have found 15 eggs so far, Happy Easter! Let me know if you can spot the eggs! (a total of 35 cupcakes were made, and only about 3 have been harmed so far!)[image: i.ibb.co]
[image: i.ibb.co][image: i.ibb.co][image: i.ibb.co]
if you look carefully, below you may spot an easter egg or 2!! Hint, they are camouflaged in pink, blue and white colors, look carefully!
[image: i.ibb.co]
[image: i.ibb.co]
[image: i.ibb.co][image: i.ibb.co][image: i.ibb.co]
if you look carefully, below you may spot an easter egg or 2!! Hint, they are camouflaged in pink, blue and white colors, look carefully!
[image: i.ibb.co]
[image: i.ibb.co]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
TiredSaladLego dropped few dirty bombs and one of those bombs was dropped on PT-Fam so I made food on that theme. I made 3 colour rices (red, yellow, green) as illustration of PT-Fam because those are the colours of our faction. Red is beet root rice with octopus stock, yellow is golden fried rice hongkong style, n green is lime leaf fried rice Indonesian style. On top of the rice I put half cooked sunny egg as the bomb because the yolk will pop once we start digging the food. N then on top of egg is Octopus Salad portugese sytle as representation of tiredsaladlego because octopus has texture like lego. Spikey n whatever english word for it. N among other salad recipes only this one I know made of octopus.
For octopus cleaning I use this method: Link
For making the octopus stock n salad making I use his technique because it has chili in the recipe n I have to have chili to really enjoy food Link warning! His english is bad but it's fine because mine is bad too. I add a splash of lemon juice tho to add a bit of sour. And I did not sliced the octopus thinly because I want the texture because to me octopus tentacles have same texture like lego.
For red beet rice I use this recipe but warning you must serve it while it is hot because it will turn brown if you cook the rice too long. I changed the shrimp with chicken sausage tho because my employee won't eat anything but chicken. I use the octopus stock to change the shrimp stock.
For yellow rice i followed this recipe: Link but I change the corn with salmon meatballs that I sliced thinly.
For green rice I followed this rice: link but I didn't remove the chili seeds because I do like spicy food. And I didn't use terasi (fermented salty shrimp paste) because I hate the smell.
To make the egg I followed this link because indonesian style is more like spanish style which is a bit burnt on some sides n i want it to be really white.
Here are the making process pictures
The rices
The egg
The plate
My second entry theme is ukraine vs russia war.
I know ukraine war is not really Torn event, but it affected us so much because some of moderators are ukranian. It affects so much, even ched made special announcement regarding his donation for ukraine.
So I made ukranian traditional beet soup with sour creeme peace sign (warning: I'm terrible in drawing) and russian traditional meat
Ukraine borscht combined with Russian shashlik
[image: media.discordapp.net]
It's actually a lot a lot easier than my first entry.
I used this recipe for the soup Link
I use octopus stock (lol i'm very cheap :p), but I don't put tomato paste and potato. I don't want my borscht to be sour. And I didn't put meat in it because I served it with russian sashlik.
Russian sashlik i used this recipe : Link
But I used australian meltique (kindda like wagyu but cheaper) as the meat because my employee is muslim so I couldn't cook pork in his kitchen or he will nag at me (i need new employee really, I'm being bullied daily!)
I hope you all tried these recipes. The taste of these food were beyond my imagination!
TiredSaladLego dropped few dirty bombs and one of those bombs was dropped on PT-Fam so I made food on that theme. I made 3 colour rices (red, yellow, green) as illustration of PT-Fam because those are the colours of our faction. Red is beet root rice with octopus stock, yellow is golden fried rice hongkong style, n green is lime leaf fried rice Indonesian style. On top of the rice I put half cooked sunny egg as the bomb because the yolk will pop once we start digging the food. N then on top of egg is Octopus Salad portugese sytle as representation of tiredsaladlego because octopus has texture like lego. Spikey n whatever english word for it. N among other salad recipes only this one I know made of octopus.
For octopus cleaning I use this method: Link
For making the octopus stock n salad making I use his technique because it has chili in the recipe n I have to have chili to really enjoy food Link warning! His english is bad but it's fine because mine is bad too. I add a splash of lemon juice tho to add a bit of sour. And I did not sliced the octopus thinly because I want the texture because to me octopus tentacles have same texture like lego.
For red beet rice I use this recipe but warning you must serve it while it is hot because it will turn brown if you cook the rice too long. I changed the shrimp with chicken sausage tho because my employee won't eat anything but chicken. I use the octopus stock to change the shrimp stock.
For yellow rice i followed this recipe: Link but I change the corn with salmon meatballs that I sliced thinly.
For green rice I followed this rice: link but I didn't remove the chili seeds because I do like spicy food. And I didn't use terasi (fermented salty shrimp paste) because I hate the smell.
To make the egg I followed this link because indonesian style is more like spanish style which is a bit burnt on some sides n i want it to be really white.
Here are the making process pictures
The rices
The egg
The plate
My second entry theme is ukraine vs russia war.
I know ukraine war is not really Torn event, but it affected us so much because some of moderators are ukranian. It affects so much, even ched made special announcement regarding his donation for ukraine.
So I made ukranian traditional beet soup with sour creeme peace sign (warning: I'm terrible in drawing) and russian traditional meat
Ukraine borscht combined with Russian shashlik
[image: media.discordapp.net]
It's actually a lot a lot easier than my first entry.
I used this recipe for the soup Link
I use octopus stock (lol i'm very cheap :p), but I don't put tomato paste and potato. I don't want my borscht to be sour. And I didn't put meat in it because I served it with russian sashlik.
Russian sashlik i used this recipe : Link
But I used australian meltique (kindda like wagyu but cheaper) as the meat because my employee is muslim so I couldn't cook pork in his kitchen or he will nag at me (i need new employee really, I'm being bullied daily!)
I hope you all tried these recipes. The taste of these food were beyond my imagination!
An a future event happening (hopefully) soon:
The Summoning of Cthulhu Beginning the End Times!
With Id:
[image: i.postimg.cc]
[image: i.postimg.cc]
[image: i.postimg.cc]
Although not very pretty, this is after I "Munch" down on it.
[image: i.postimg.cc]
Easter Boomie dropping a bomb
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
The baking contest was interesting this year, a fairly surprising mix of entries that made picking three to win the prizes a hot debate among judges, I personally felt quite conflicted about picking one that involved a depiction of myself but the other judges insisted on having this as a winner for the effort! Great job all! We enjoyed those that stuck to the theme most of all which is what helped us pick the final winners.
Our final results were:
1st place: Ragtag_Slyboots [2707192]
2nd place: Anemoon [1565175]
3rd place: Fluffy-Kitten [2489078]
Our final results were:
1st place: Ragtag_Slyboots [2707192]
2nd place: Anemoon [1565175]
3rd place: Fluffy-Kitten [2489078]
Mentions: Anemoon [1565175] · Fluffy-Kitten [2489078] · Ragtag_Slyboots [2707192]