Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Farming

Started by tokerbob [2598116] on in Company Discussion.

8 replies · 369 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

tokerbob [2598116]
I have been directing a 6-8* Farm for a few months now and I have been looking at the relation between what positions you apply your employees to and how it reflects on the companies sales. I can tell that it does because if I don't assign say any harvesters I don't make or sell any grain. If I have more than 1 herdsman I start to get a surplus of Sheep. I decided to check some 10* farms and to my surprise most of them had no sales that day and some even had 1 Mgr and every one else was a harvester. I assume they get zero sales from not having a retailer but what is the point of this? Do they do a different job each day and then only open to sell a couple days a week? What is the benefit? Can it be applied in lower star farms as well or is it the result of these companies having so many high ranked players?
wilees1978 [2331077]
Farms are a different breed. As far as I know they are the only player owned company in Torn that has to create it's stock to sell. The hardest part is getting the farm to a higher *. It takes a lot of time. Farms will go from 9* to 10* and back to 9*. You have one week of creating stock and then 1 week of selling stock. Positions are changed frequently depending on what stock item you are building. When farms hit 10* you will see many positions in the company change from retailer and delivery driver to positions that create stock like harvester etc.. They will get $0 sales and will drop to 9*. The 9* weeks positions will be a lot of retailers and delivery drivers to get the sales to get the company back to 10*

The value in the company is the JP availability to turn in at 10* for E. 9* weeks you earn 63 jp and 10* weeks you earn 70 jp. it equals out to 441e and 490e. It is like having a little over 4bb's of MCS which would cost a little over 3bil.
tokerbob [2598116]
It seems that since there are about 37 farms in Torn and about 1/2 are 9 or 10* the rest of us in the Farm biz are not looking to be moving up soon. Every 10* and 9* I looked at had many of their employees at lvl 80 and up and the ones who were not were level holders. How can we attract decent statted employees when the only perks we offer are Ketamine, happy and a Sed for points and a passive for hunting? Maybe it's time for a farm redo as was done for lingerie shops
wilees1978 [2331077]
With all companies its hard to crack the top ones. The killer for farms is when employees up and leave during a sales week. That being said anyone that is joining a farm is joining for the JP to use at 10*. I do think the farm specials other then 10* are blah.
cyberjk [2592210]
Anyone interested in starting a farm should read comments above. Different breed indeed...
Side note: Company wiki really should notate that and all other companies with no real inventory buying. Fitness centers have no stocks but mechanics different. It doesn't build inventory and relies on crazy advertising to stay 10..hence high number of marketers... Hmm, might be a worthy tutorial/guide
evil_inside1332 [1899761]
^this

there are three different class of companies in torn, all three of which operate differently

the farm situation today is a result of some shenanigans that i pulled back in the day with my own farm due to it being fairly new and not having enough customers to contend with the other top (very old) farms to make 10*, which has been subsequently adopted into the norm for farm operations now