So I realise I been playing this game along time almost 5 years, and yes I left it long time ago and then I decided to come back. I am not really close with any people in this community and been playing this game with out having no friends or people I talk to all the time. I wanted to use Global often to talk to people but that Is the best place for others to target people. I seen people in TornCon show up with there friends or people who they have close contact. I was just wondering is it still ok to play this game with oiut talking to anyone or not knowing others? I mean I would love to know other people or make friends in torn but the same time not want to be a big target.
My chatbubble is always open to anyone, if you wanna chat hit me up :) I was really getting down and bored with the game then met a few people who made me wanna sign on everyday just to see them. Making at least one friend really makes the game more fun. It's also helpful to have friends you can work on merits together and whatnot.
What's wrong with being a big target? If you're not carrying around huge piles of cash, it doesn't really hurt you. Let other people waste their energy while you use yours to train. You'll be racking up merits for defends before you know it.
Join a friendly faction with an active chat, find nice people to talk to there? Remember always though: everyone outside your faction is a criminal jerk, a thief, scammer, murderer or plushies dealer anyway...
Didn't mean to be a dick but why would you draw attention to yourself like this? Why is connecting with other players so important for you that it warrants creating a post like this?
Because I never exerienced connecting with players. I recently red a post about TornCon and I was interested in that. If I only would knew more people that I would talk to, get into a call, maybe play some games and have a great time.
Being a target isn't a big deal. For me, I joined Elims when I was 100 days old and I was targeted hundreds of times. My faction was a target of sharkeyfive's bounty wave several times.
It comes and goes.
You learn to grow a thick skin and realize they're spending money on you. Like you're some high class escort. Take it as a badge of honor that they would care enough to spend money or 25e on you.
Then you work out a bit and suddenly you're getting defends. That's the satisfying part of Torn.
If you go to torncon you will definitely connect with some players. Might be the perfect way to jumpstart youe social life in Torn and Real life at the same time!