28 replies · 301 views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I'd like to see a way to "mark" an item in inventory to distinguish it from other items that are them same but do not stack. If someone is buying/selling/running weapons, they run the risk of inadvertently selling an item they wish to keep, unless it is equipped. Marking an item or locking into inventory, to make it unsellable/untradeable, would facilitate larger purchases and sales without running the risk of selling that awesome plastic sword, Arma, or DBK that one worked so hard for.
I think of it as similar to the control that allows a user to favorite a tab for an area like faction, city, items, that makes it sort to the front of those icons. Favoriting the weapon could simply put a star beside it or highlight in a different color.
To make an item saleable/tradeable, the user has to actively "unfavorite" it.
Yes please, I've been wanting this feature for a long time (along with non stackable items being in a tab by default like they are when you search them in your inventory).
I thought about this and agree, but getting something out of the cabinet to equip can be a pain. I was hoping that this would allow for reduced steps. Thanks for the upvote :)
I have a few fighting loadouts and can't recall how many times I've accidentally sold some piece of that loadout, or just lost it in the sea of DBKs that's in my inventory. I don't use the highest quality/damage/accuracy one, I use a specific one that I feel is a good balance between damage and accuracy, so it falls somewhere into the middle of said DBK ocean with no way of easily finding it.
Would be nice to have some sort of favorite/lock system where you can't sell/move a favorited/locked item, and it's easily noticeable from other pieces.
Why is this not a feature ? It would be honestly a positive go in the right direction. It would heavily prevent weapon sales of items that you are really wanting to keep Instead of mistaking it for something else.
I'll say....this is simple without knowing the back-end code...but...
It could be a simple as favoriting an item causing the check box to be replaced with a lock or star icon so that it can't be selected in trade/sell situations.
An alternative might be like a foot-locker tab or 'keep' tab in inventory but that feels like more work.
Thanks for the feedback. I think this is an okay way to manage inventory but the issue is that you can see what is in the box, but no information about the items. I have a box of axes. When I look at the box all it says is: Axe, Axe, Axe...etc.
I don't know anything about the item stats. This means I'd have to liberate the axes to know anything about the individual weapon. Then store them....and use two perfectly good boxes.