Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Multi travel

Started by JoweLeo [2179549] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 980 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
18
Likes on archived posts
55
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
JoweLeo [2179549]
I was in the UK the other day and said to myself wow, it's great stuffing plushies in my bag, but why can't I pop over to the land of the clocks from here? Seems like in the 20min it takes to get from torn to Mexico, you could get from UK to Swiss and rehab. Why stop there? Why not a relative travel system? Even a low 19 item player could grab 1/stop and still get back to torn in much less time than the back and forth and end up with a set for the points.
LegitimateBot [2760861]
So you saying that you wanna travel to another country while flying and don't take xanax and spend nerve bar cause you never land in torn?
Wongdai [2125473]
If I understand what you are saying correctly, I don't see the point in it. Also, do we want people to have the ability to be permanently in the air? It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
Nicotine [2440291]
So you'd like to be able to basically just go on a round-trip around all the locations and get a set in one go? That'd mean lifting the item capacity restriction as well... I can't see how this could work without disrupting lots of other parts of the game. Especially RWs, where flying can already make a war painfully slow.
Capac [1540341]
I read it as going to UK buying plushies then a quick flight to rehab then home, nothing about upping item capacity or flying around pointlessly for the rest of their time in torn so yeah not a bad idea
Scarley [2261969]
switzerland has plushies too? also keep reading
Why stop there? Why not a relative travel system? Even a low 19 item player could grab 1/stop and still get back to torn in much less time than the back and forth and end up with a set for the points.
Max2020 [2609161]
As someone who travels constantly I would love that , but also would be a nightmare for OCs and RW.

OCs can get frustrating as it is when someone is traveling and the OC is ready.

RW would need a missile launch upgrade per faction to shoot down that travelers plane and hosp them for a week or two in a random country lol.
LethalKiss [1801948]
I used to think like that but TORN is a crime-themed game, not a traveling-themed game.
Not everything we do needs to make sense. Its a game
aaronachnid [2554633]
I don't think the item capacity was ever suggested to be changed. Just the idea that you could go to Japan for ten items, then to China for ten item (with a short flight time, as they are closer to each other) then back to torn. It would certainly destroy any sort of prestige to get the travelling merits as they would be super easy to get, probably destroy the plushie market as well, and cause chaos by those wanting to stay in the air and avoid RW hits.

But some people just want to cause chaos.
SungJinWoo [2569455]
You can only have a fixed number of plushies. Torn is not for flying. How long can you keep flying? What about refuel? Profit-wise, not much sense...Plushies economy will drop.

BUT I JUST WANNA FLYYYYYY...
Don't you dare to stop(stop)
I will fly away from you all(all)

Btw, this was there in the suggestions forum sometime back. It was rejected.
Lollyn [2619037]
"Low 19 item player" wouldn't have the museum open, so gathering a set in this fashion would be pointless. See what I did there?

But in practical terms, with flying over 5 hours you miss out on E and likely nerve. That's already true for the longer flights. Also, plushies and flowers are not always available on demand when you land. So, unfeasible because logistics.