The current RW timing doesn't make sense for weekday players.
As an example, our last ranked war started at 4pm TCT on Friday and we primarily warred on Saturday and Sunday, however this was a 'weekday' war (as selected in the preferences).
There are many players that want to war but can not commit to weekend slots given family commitments. IMO a weekday war should mean that the majority of the war time, is on a weekday.
My suggestion: do RW matching on Monday, and start all weekday wars at 9am TCT on Wednesdays.
Give me a thumbs up if you agree!
~Jaba
B
B
Thumb Up
I'm ok - butt all depends on work commitments - as my company IT will not allow Torn on my work computer - it's locked out.
but can use phone or tablet
Only issue I have is people enlisted in RWs for weekends will probably not be able to enlist in time for Monday, as there war’s will still be going
Oh good point. Maybe just make it so that weekday wars match on Tuesday for Wednesday start. I'm sure we can all just stack in advance of matching
What happens when the other faction selects 'weekend start'?
it could start late friday night or even early saturday, giving about 2 days for wars
They match for Saturday start. Weekend should be matched with other factions with the same preference
I disagree.
Just sets another artificial boundary further reducing the number of prospective matches in the RW pool.
What part do you disagree with? There is already a matching based on weekend or weekday preferences.
My point is that within that setup, it should make it so that weekday should mean weekday and not weekend. The weekend matching has already been fixed so that wars are not matched on Sunday (which would mean that wars are primarily fought during week days).
What would be the benefit of not doing this for weekday preferences?
This is, first and foremost, a game. People need to be able to pick when they play.
Yes, but when you get matched up with another faction that has selected a weekend start, when should the RW start?
RWs were fixed not to start on Sundays because it left insufficient time for a RW starting on Sunday to finish by enlistment time on Tuesday, not because there is a preference for warring on days when most people are working.
As I can tell, your suggestion would be better off worded as:-
"Do not match factions for RW if both matched factions have selected a different preferred start time. Skip us for that week and give us another go next week."
Yes, and I picked to play on a weekend.
Would rather war then miss a week, tbh.
Thank you - I didn't actually realise this re weekend matching / clasibg with Tuesdays. So I guess there's 2 issues - I agree also weekend and weekday should ideally be matched together.
I'll keep the threat running to see if we can get some more views :)
Week days would work for me, if they were truly weekdays. But Thursday wars spill over into Friday evenings, and that is too far. Before, I could arrange the war to start Wednesday and then my experience is it would be done before Friday afternoon, which worked. I hear some wars go longer, but there really isn't a scheduling solution (weekend vs non weekend) for a war that goes over 48 or maybe 60 hours.
I've now missed what, 6? 7? potential weeks of warring due to this change. I had to switch factions so as to not drag them down. Really disrupted my Torn experience.
The really sad part of this is people will just leave and then they won't be around to be represented when Ched asks how many of us would prefer a stronger time preference. I'm winding down and preparing for being inactive for a while (maybe forever) as a result of this change.
If I click Weekday I fully intend to war JUST on the weekdays. War spilling over into the weekend is not what I wanted.
Trying to force people into playing on days that don't work for them is ridiculous. The time preference should be the primary matching criteria. If some factions of similar rank don't fight, so be it- if folks say they aren't available, then that's it. Having a war when half of a faction can't show up makes no sense.
There are many players that want to war and can't war during the week due to work constraints. See how the other side of the coin looks bro?