Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What is his problem?

Started by JakeNoStateFarm [2763795] on in General Discussion.

50 replies · 2.14k views · thread synced · 16 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Max2020 [2609161]
Don't buy the items cause there is an image you can't see telling you not to buy the cheaper items that are listed for sale although it's why you visited his bazaar in the first place.

That bazaar is bizarre.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
People can blacklist for any reason. They bl you because you bl them, to win top bazaar, because you can't be mugged (sell muggers do this to me a lot), because they get paid, or because you mugged them.

I put over 400 ppl in my blacklist only less than 10 was personal reason. If they are arm dealers they lose money if you keep buying their cheapest stuff. They will bl you. If you keep sending your friends you will be bountied. It's nothing personal. Just business
Adrenalinas [1974447]
I guess I will be next :D
How can I skip that 5$ per item profit :D

08:11:01 - 09/06/22 You bought 1x Bulletproof Vest on OneTwistedKid's bazaar at $32,995 each for a total of $32,995
08:10:52 - 09/06/22 You bought 1x Bulletproof Vest on OneTwistedKid's bazaar at $32,995 each for a total of $32,995

08:21:14 - 09/06/22 You sold 1x Bulletproof Vest at $33,000 each for a total of $33,000 to a shop
08:21:18 - 09/06/22 You sold 1x Bulletproof Vest at $33,000 each for a total of $33,000 to a shop
TheUltimateSalt [2171375]
Yeah, it's weird to me. I think it's a much better idea to do that, and have an "opt out" option if you wanted to. Otherwise, people that don't know about it have no idea what they could be missing out on, especially since the only way is sifting through the settings and clicking on a thing like "Profile Signatures"
TheUltimateSalt [2171375]
Hmmm, that's weird. I don't personally use mobile too much but I bet some other people have made it work/have been able to find it. Forum sigs are a different toggle though, since there's a section in the settings for "Profile Signatures" which is specifically for profiles/bazaars, and then there are the "Forum Signature" settings
Collete [1389080]
Its rather simple he has some cheaper weapons for sale so his bazaar shows in the list as the game only shows the 3 cheapest bazaars . so people find his bazaar easier so when you buy all the cheaper stuff up they no longer see it and he has to replace ihem.
SirEdge [2609907]
Thanks! Yes, I had profile sigs off. Didn't realize there was a difference until you guided me to see I was overlooking it. Thanks!
hammi [2235955]
Entice buyers to your bazaar with lower price items, then get salty when somebody actually buys them.... only in torn lol
Shmul [2411868]
Can you block a bazaar from the list? At this point, It just gets in the way of other sellers. Sometimes I have to buy a bunch of 1's to get to the bazaar with a bigger stock. Yata is my friend.
WhackedMaki [2587660]
People do that as a way to trick people into selling items for less than they're worth. I play primarily on Torn PDA, and when you put items in the bazaar it will auto fill prices as $5 less than whatever the lowest price is. So if someone gets like 5 people to list 1x Lion Plushie for $2000 less than they're worth, and someone uses that auto price feature and sells 100 at 2k less than they're worth they just made 200k off of flipping them at essentially no risk.
hammi [2235955]
Yata is a saviour sometimes, ched has said many times the the item market is not working as intended, so we'll hopefully get a change at somepoint.

Im a semi retired trader now, but i still dont understand this whole getting salty about getting your "for sale" items bought.

What are we supposed to do incases like this... reach a bazaar with the cheapest items, then buy the more expensives ones?
KPCSlor [1557404]
Bazaars are broken and need a massive overhaul. Weapon quality was a great feature to add, but there is no way to shop properly for weapons with the best stats.
OneTwistedKid [1534025]
I normally stay away from the forums so this isn't meant to go tit for tat with anyone in particular, nor will I probably comment on anyone's reply.

As people have stated - bazaars are broken. If your bazaar is not visible in the top 3, your sales will suffer greatly. It doesn't matter how much you spam trade trade and advertise in the forums. Unfortunately, the only way to keep your bazaar visible is to keep inexpensive items there.

I understand that for some players, newer ones in particular, making money is a struggle. One way for them to earn money is to hunt for these bargains and sell them back to the city or another player for profit. I don't openly criticize how others want to play their game. Those that choose this option can do so to their heart's content.

They'll just be blacklisted from my bazaar if I suspect this is what is going on as I don't feel like losing money for their gain when I can avoid it. If I see a player buy the most inexpensive set of combat gloves, boots, pants, etc., etc., I wouldn't blacklist them. I assume it is for their own use. But if it is only for their own use, they would be purchasing one of each item. I accept the loss with hope that if/when they want to upgrade they will come back and purchase from my bazaar.

If they are a faction leader or co-leader I usually err on the side of caution and assume they are buying for their faction armoury.

Will I always get it right on who I blacklist or don't blacklist? Of course not.

Some other traders follow a similar practice - other's don't. Again, how they want to operate is up to them.
philoten [1646213]
would be interesting if you were just shown a random 3 bazaars each time. Unless youve been tracking prices of things you wont know whats a good deal or not.

Little research needed.
TheTollTroll [2043237]
F*ck self proclaimed monopolies. It's a free market and if you list for lower assume people will buy. If you want to advertise, do it in trade chat like every other sorry motherf*c*er. Don't demand/expect the whole playerbase to cater to your demands. If you build it they will come. I have spoken.