Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ethical chaining targets

Started by Archaic [1560293] on in General Discussion.

59 replies · 1.43k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 60 / 60 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
60
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

oraN [1778676] ×1 WiseTheRumGone [2078276] ×1

Archaic [1560293]
So I’ve been pondering for a little while and clearly understand that active people (me in particular) are chaining targets for a handful of people.

As a higher level and 3x FF bonus I understand that.

But my thought is that my entire chain list, between 150-200 users are all 3x FF and inactive. A feat I thought easy to build once I surpassed the 2-3b stat mark.

I thought I understood it “unethical” (for lack of a better word) to attack active users for the sake of being a chaining target. Meaning I knew people didn’t like it.

So my question is…

[Edit: those who don’t know how to find targets hit me up. I’ll run you through a few tools I use to gather targets]
ChillySpunc [1905415]
I attack anyone within a certain rank range, I try to avoid specific factions obviously to avoid retals and drama and I try to only attack offlines.

If people have an issue with being attacked even after all I try to do to prevent interrupting their gameplay they shouldn't be playing a game where people can attack each other and definitely shouldn't be in a faction.
Champion [1927067]
I go for level 100s

I do not give a shit if they are active or not because I have ONE HUNDRED AND THREE POINT FIVE BILLION stats
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
I hit once or twice each target each chain for the purpose of leveling experience. Any more and people get salty.

Lines are drawn though when people are already attacking and someone else either hit the attacker or the target already being hit.
dark95 [2321537]
Advanced search: days old 100-400, level 35+, last online: 0-15 minutes ago, and mug them. Noobs usually have money so one work 2 jobs done xD
python [1009878]
Most of my chain list is inactive, a few on it tho that are active and just were annoying or dislike. And probably a couple that were inactive but have returned, I remove them if I notice or they PM me usually
DedeSiregar [2430598]
For chaining, unless you're my friend I do not care if you are active or not. I also understand the consequence if I get retaliated n bountied.
It works both ways tho. If you chain me I will retaliate n hosping you. If I can't beat you I will hospitalize your weaker members for as much as u hit me. If I'm lazy I will just bounty you or your poorer members.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Its good to do missions regulary. Not just for the mission tokens and attacking merits but also for chain targets.

Your targets you are given in missions are good targets to chain on.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Chaining has always been boring. I think its something best combined with other stuff to maintain interest. Ie ranked war or maybe a territory war. Chaining on its own is just a massive grind and boring.
-RobinTheHood [2631729]
I have a list of about 50 targets, almost all of them are inactive, there are only 2 that have done me wrong in the past that are on there as an exception.
But as it has been said, chain targets now are only to get to your Ranked War bonus hits.
Muckamuck [1884573]
i usually don't hit actives. mostly 'cause i'm worried i'll accidentally land a large bonus hit on an active faction 'cause i forgot to pay attention

i've almost done it before...
Beerstein [1322136]
It can be hard to fight people over the same chain targets and mission targets, especially in a pinch when you're run to reliably make a well timed run. I think everyone is free game. There are 3 clear levels which are up to each person depending on their play style but none are wrong imo.

1 inactive accounts
2 offliners
3 onliners

Where your line is at is entirely on you. All part of the game. If it's a concern then people should calm down with leveling up so fast. No one needs to level hold, but no one needs to rush 100 either.
Nicotine [2440291]
I don't cry when I get hit, so I expect my targets to shut the f**k up about it as well... for this reason, I don't really care if they're active or not. It's Torn after all.