Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Civilization VI

Started by Warphead [2787193] on in Gaming.

44 replies · 262 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
45
Discussion span
→
Authority score
30 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Warphead [2787193]
Any players of Civilization VI here?

Hi! I didn't find search function and didn't want to go through 66 pages, so sorry if this has been already posted.
Kajal [2542083]
Sometimes, but I'm a huge weenie, I play on lower difficulty levels and go for science and culture victories. I just like seeing the cool shit the different civs can build :/
Sannemander [2088627]
Haha, We have something in common, I just like the exploring, also, I never start a war, mostly I like cultural victories over science because that just gets really boring in the end.

You can add me to your group of weenies
Kajal [2542083]
Yeah cultural is the most fun... i kinda wonder sometimes whether the little civ people question how I'm spending their money, like it's 1965 and I'm over here building Petra just because it's available even though the same single warrior unit has been defending the city since 2800 BC
Sannemander [2088627]
I normally end up building the most modern army before 1800, but I don't use it at all lol, it's just that there is not so much else to do around that time. just be aware that the barbarians, even on the most easy level, also build that shit when you start building it, so if you have one city not covered they take it over in no time.

I always start to build the wonders as soon as they are available though, but for the Petra you need dessert, so it can be you'll be late.

Anyway, I always play on huge, and only choose 2 to 3 opponents so I'm sure I can cover all. I'm that chickenshit in the game lol
Warphead [2787193]
I play mostly on emperor and have won at deity two times. One was bit of a cheat, duel pangaea map and pick AI that has only naval bonuses. Other time was almost too easy, four AI's and I saw a possibility to get religious victory at maybe second era. But I have played it tooo much.
Kajal [2542083]
yeah I always send one unit along with the original settler, but I get super lazy about upgrading them... eventually i just picture them like serving some weird ceremonial purpose, standing outside the spaceport with their little clubs and loincloths

...who do you like to play as? i think i had the most fun as the chinese
Kajal [2542083]
what's the trick to religious victories? i always manage to get like 6 of 8 on my side, but then I'm just burning through all my faith trying to fight apostle-wars on the last two
Sannemander [2088627]
I try to switch, but my favorite are the Romans, because it's so easy to expand with them, since I play on huge maps with not that much opponents it's by far the superior civ

Edit: i can do religious victories, just spam religious units and try to take over, but it's so annoying I hardly try it, I have to defend takeovers though. it's definitely a weak point even at lower difficulties, especially when your empire is really large.
Matzkops [2566807]
I recently started playing it, am at about 100 hours in and am close to my first diety victory (I think). Probably gonna be science. I started building my first settler very late and my second even later but I somehow took over a couple Brazilian and then Australian cities when they fell into dark ages so now I have like 10 cities. Never been seriously at war and I'm getting pretty excited
RmB [2632539]
I have played since Civ 2 came out. I know, that ages me quite a bit. VI is such a different animal and very diverse requiring a lot of management choices, which is both good and bad. What I don't like is being asked to pay for a new "expansion" every other month that adds little real change to the game, only a few more hurdles or perks, so I only recently finally gave in and purchased Gathering Storm when it was on a big steam sale
DrZed [237786]
Now that you are able to create your own map I go and create it and then put a whole lot of huts all over it and hide some so tother civilizations can not get to them until after a certain point. Like once you can embark then there are a bunch hidden on another island.

I think my favouirites are 2 and 4. 5 is a lot like 6 but it still lacked a bit. cause 4 you could edit the map whilst playing and you could remove another civilizations city from the map by making it an ocean tile and then make it land agan.
Warphead [2787193]
I have played sine Civilization 1 on Amiga 500 <3 I think Civ VI is the best, but requires two expansions to be complete. Was checking some DLC's and some single nation cost 5 €. The whole set bundle was kinda cheap some time ago, they are making Civ VII.
Warphead [2787193]
Well in general war is a good because you can get rid of other civilizations prophets with military units. Fighting with religious units itself is pain, but the ones that have the "eliminate 75% of religion" or "triple strength at other civ's cities" are good. If you get the promotion that has "bonus strength at religious combat", use two of his charges so it has only one left and use it for fighting other prophets, but have a guru (if I remember right) available so you can heal your prophets. Missionaries are good only at the beginning, trying to convert other civ's cities that have another religion take too many charges, but is possible if totally necessary. "Convert adjacent barbarians" promotion for prophets might be good if you have lots of barbarians near, free soldiers, but I rarely use this. Some people said healing prophet is also good, but I have never used it.
Warphead [2787193]
You're very good if going for deity victory with 100 hours. But yes the deity is so hard, I had a good game running and suddenly Mansa Musa won some victory at medieval age.
Kajal [2542083]
I didn't know diplomatic victories were a thing until I saw this. Gathering Storm, worth it? I got Civ 6 for free during Epic's "It's 2020 so have all the games since you're clearly not doing anything else right now" period, and then Rise and Fall was $5... never been sure whether I actually needed any other expansions...