Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Civilization VI

Started by Warphead [2787193] on in Gaming.

44 replies · 262 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Warphead [2787193]
Do I? Well after reading about it seems like I do. But the game seems to be complete with those expansions I mentioned, although I am sure it will seem more completer if I buy those packs.
Warphead [2787193]
It took some time to get adjusted for the sixth, but mostly it was something with the graphics. After playing it more and then going for older ones, they feel so silly. I like the districts and farm adjacency bonuses a lot. Makes the cities look like actual cities instead of one square / hex in middle of field and the planning of cities takes bit more time when trying to maximize the bonuses.
0xHemlock [2662912]
For me, on the last civ (usually a heavy faith-based one, of course), I pull back and let them come to me. Manage faith resources on defense and let them burn through a few waves of apostles. Then, since you've been slowly accumulating, push in and conquer. Setting up trade routes helps curb their religious influence recoup as well, and gives a base influence standing for when you make your decisive push. Don't waste your units until you know you can convert a full region with a tactical chokepoint.
DeathFoundry [2097532]
I can see the appeal and i enjoyed playing them too just very different....when you spend years building stacks of doom, its strange to spread out units :P
Blunt [2076337]
I like doing war victories. I play maybe 20-30 rounds as I build my military as quickly as possible, and immediately attack the nearest small country.

If the battle is too drawn out or someone comes to help em, I quit and restart xD. Otherwise I will try to make an ally or 2, shower them with gifts to keep them happy, and continue on attacking people.

Once I own half the map or so, i usually get bored, quit, and Don't play again for 6mo+ and then start over again.
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee
I bought it for switch when it was on sale for like $6. I've tried to go through the tutorial probably 4 times and I just can't get into it. It seems like I'm fundamentally missing something.
Carrot [276687]
I'm quite fond of doing island plate maps with as many AI as possible and seeing if I can win as each civ at least once. I've learned to turn off that diplomatic victory, though. Sucks losing purely from RNG...
Westend [107444]
Just seemed like a huge jump from 3 to 4 and tried several times to adjust, Just could never get the hang of it, so stuck with Civ3 over the years. I still play often, taking over the world vs 6 random countries.
Warphead [2787193]
Its possible to fight two enemies also. Just a one archer in a city can defent it kinda well, two to make sure and city walls for some key cities. Depending on the difficulty ofcourse.
Levi_jwalker [2159305]
Love this game, think I have like 400-500hrs on it. Maybe even more.

Gathering storm seems to have a crash issue still thou, annoys me as best dlc.

What's everyone's go to strategy?
Kajal [2542083]
does yours crash no matter which DirectX you use? Mine always crashes on 12 and never on 11, I dunno why. Been that way on two different computers.
DrZed [237786]
Is it laggy or will it not start. A lot of the issues was to do with the strart screen on Direct X. And There is a way to bypass it I can not remeber where I found it but it helped. It does not just crash like it usually did.And I can actually start it up again.

I do not have the gathering storm pack though. Only Rise and fall. but that problem was happening. Not sure if it is the same one you have.