Original idea by Andyman 3 years ago can be read here:
Prestige System - After Level 100 | Suggestions | TORN
I've seen it suggested before however it has been a few years and I think it's a good idea, as do some friends I asked, so I wanted to bring it up again.
MY SUGGESTION:
Many players are level 100 and I thought a reset of a players level would be interesting. It wouldn't reduce your money, stats, or other hard to earn, time consuming perks you get from putting years into this game...I myself am over a decade on Torn. My play style at this point is more casual and to make friends however a new goal to 'achieve' with tangible rewards would in my opinion add some life to Torn.
REWARDS/PERKS
Unlock better gyms, special affordable properties, unique armor that doesn't cost a billion dollars, additional education opportunities, perhaps 2 merit's per level, etc. One of the goals/perks of the honor reset or prestige would be to make the game easier/less grindy as you prestige because well, you've earned it. Adding a passive buff to all stats, awareness, and interest rate or decreased time flying could be benefits.
CONCLUSION
Make getting prestige mean something, not just an honor bar and 100 points. It should signify those who have put real effort into Torn. Being a level 100 is a feat in and of itself, I'm on the brink, but you get an honor bar, rank, and an award then your done leveling.
I could drone on more about various perks etc but I leave it to more qualified players/staff.
I think this is an interesting idea and would be totally optional, requiring points, mission credits, etc. but would open up Torn in a new way imo. Thoughts/ comments/concerns and suggestions are welcome.
Prestige System - After Level 100 | Suggestions | TORN
I've seen it suggested before however it has been a few years and I think it's a good idea, as do some friends I asked, so I wanted to bring it up again.
MY SUGGESTION:
Many players are level 100 and I thought a reset of a players level would be interesting. It wouldn't reduce your money, stats, or other hard to earn, time consuming perks you get from putting years into this game...I myself am over a decade on Torn. My play style at this point is more casual and to make friends however a new goal to 'achieve' with tangible rewards would in my opinion add some life to Torn.
REWARDS/PERKS
Unlock better gyms, special affordable properties, unique armor that doesn't cost a billion dollars, additional education opportunities, perhaps 2 merit's per level, etc. One of the goals/perks of the honor reset or prestige would be to make the game easier/less grindy as you prestige because well, you've earned it. Adding a passive buff to all stats, awareness, and interest rate or decreased time flying could be benefits.
CONCLUSION
Make getting prestige mean something, not just an honor bar and 100 points. It should signify those who have put real effort into Torn. Being a level 100 is a feat in and of itself, I'm on the brink, but you get an honor bar, rank, and an award then your done leveling.
I could drone on more about various perks etc but I leave it to more qualified players/staff.
I think this is an interesting idea and would be totally optional, requiring points, mission credits, etc. but would open up Torn in a new way imo. Thoughts/ comments/concerns and suggestions are welcome.
Mentions: Prestige System - After Level 100