No, I mean what I said. Not that I'm going to riot, I'm fortunate enough to live in a more civilised country where women have rights, but I support all those who take it to the streets, no matter what form that takes.
I'm a socialist, not sure what makes you think I'm not in favour of political violence.
If you're in favor of political violence then that's pretty f**ked up.
Actions speak louder than words, and the democratic party missed their chance to act.
Constant assaults are being launched on people's rights and liberals are still doing nothing, that's messed up.
Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer it didn't come to that. But if you think violence isn't inherent to politics I'm afraid you've been misled. All rights have been won at least in part due to political violence.
That quote beeg has in his signature about the tree of liberty is about political violence, for instance.
Political violence is what happened during Kristallnacht. Political violence is what happened on January 6th. Violence is always a two way street and I'm afraid I can't endorse that one bit.
Then act. Hold demonstrations. Write your representative a million times. Call your representative. Visit your representative. f**king vote. But if you think violence is the answer then you're mistaken.
Political violence is also what happened in the American Revolution. Political violence is also what happens when the government uses violence to enforce a political situation.
What have our representatives done? Absolutely nothing. You're being played a fool.
[image: img.thedailybeast.com][image: pbs.twimg.com]It's a false equivalence to say all violence is bad when comparing a husband beating his wife, and his wife fighting back. The status quo whitewashes historical liberation movements in order to demonise political violence, in order to prevent further liberation movements. Once again, you have been misled.
Remember, heads rolled to bring democracy to life.
^^^ This.
Except this isn't a case of a husband beating his wife and her fighting back. Is the repeal of Roe v. Wade bullshit? Absof**kinglutely. Which is why I spent a large chunk of my afternoon yesterday at a peaceful demonstration/march.
If you think that your violence is justified then you are being ignorant of the violence that has occurred in opposition of your position. In case you've forgotten, Planned Parenthood and people who provide abortion have been the subject of violence for the past
50 years. Is it your position that your acts of violence are somehow more justified than theirs?
What do you believe the purpose of a protest is?
Fundamentally, isn't this the actual reason for the 2nd amendment? If the government removes freedoms from it's citizens they have the right to form a militia and fight for their freedoms? I'm by no means saying it's still practical but that was the idea, I thought.
Except this isn't a case of a husband beating his wife and her fighting back.
It's not too far from that, really. The government wants to force us to be handmaidens. If you were one of the handmaidens, you might see how that's not equivalent to people murdering abortion providers.
To get your voice heard. To be disruptive. To make people uncomfortable and to challenge their views. As soon as you introduce violence into the equation you lose public support which is what you need to enact change.
If they know they can freely ignore you, that's what they're going to do. What's the point of public support if all it leads to is more holding signs in the street? The left doesn't protest because it believes holding signs in the street is an end in itself. The left protests as a demonstration to the elites that it has numbers, is organized, and is agitated.
So instead of dead doctors and burned out clinics we get dead judges and burned out court houses. Got it. Great platform.
Preferably not, and assassinating supreme court justices would be both counterproductive and ineffective. I initially simply said that rioting in response to this ruling is justified.
Just because political violence is foreign to you, doesn't mean it's wise to see it in black and white. There's a sliding scale of both what's effective and what's prudent. Armed revolution won't work in the US today, peaceful protest wouldn't have worked in 1776.
Having said that, if people come to burn down abortion clinics and kill doctors, I think it's 100% justified to shoot them in the head. That's just basic self defense.
I think foreigners telling Americans that they should act with political violence isn't ok, regardless of your views on Roe.