I have played the game for ages as you can all see. I have posted a lot on the forums and yes that does mean i read a lot of threads on the forums. I do in fact read many threads i dont post in. I do read the forums everyday so yes i have seen most of the drama around scamming and cheating etc ....
So yes i have seen many threads where 'investing' 'goes wrong'
I have always liked to control my own stuff/money. I do and have handed out presents. Ie i know they are gone when i have handed them out. Often in the form of buying from bazaars at high prices or handing over good rated weapons/armours.
My stuff/play money is gone when i do that and i know its gone. I just want them to use it in the right way when i hand over presents.
As a active player i do click and have clicked [ignore] on LOTS of 'investment gurus' over the years.
Its for the best to control your own stuff/money.
If you hand over your stuff to someone else it could be spammed away in russian roulette or slots etc, or they could be a multi.
Its too risky handing over your money to other players if you want them to grow your play money. Do that yourself!
To be fair, the he didn't get fedded for selling his account, the accusation was that he got/bought the account from someone else several years before the fedding.
HT also didn't invest in him, it was a cooperation where the money changed hands several times a day to make sure someone was always taking advantage of the stock marked at the time. He just happened to get fedded within minutes after receiving the money from HT.
Leuky's animosity towards HT at the time wasn't exactly a secret, and I've been told several times by people who were at the opposite side at the time, that the timing wasn't a coincidence.
Part of the difficulty here is that even if you could go back and check all the logs or even look at new information (which apparently isn't possible), this incident happened more than a decade ago. Nothing staff could do today could really patch what happened.
I can see how such a thing could be so devastating, but in the years since, many other factions have fluctuated, and a lot of the current HoF (even the ingredients to Monarch, R and MNC2) didn't exist yet. Leuky may or may not have been responsible for HT's destruction, but at some point, it's on HT to rebuild, not Bogie.
It was calculated and aimed towards killing off JFK competitor which was HT at that time. Having JFK filled up with admins does not exactly speak well for their case of corruption claims.
And you gotta be pretty dumb to believe it was a coincidence.
I don't think anyone is advocating for staff action to rectify this now, it's more of a walk down memory lane.
The Tea incident wasn't really the final blow that destroyed HT, that took some more time and controversies. I have no idea if this is of interest for anyone but I'll include the events after that in my opinion put the final nails in the coffin for HT, as I remember it.
A while after teagate (3-6 months), and when everyone still taking advantage of the stock marked had at least doubled their money again, it got replaced by Stocks 2.0. That introduced FHCs, which at the time had no cooldown.
So when JFK attacked HT a year or so after that, they had practically infinite energy, chaining HT non-stop for weeks, often with a single member keeping the chain alive for hours by themselves while HT couldn't do anything about it.
When some HT members used an underhanded trick to stop the chain (timing out attacks after beating the opponent instead of ending it, which kept the target at 0 health and unable to attack), Leuky (everyone's favorite staff at the time) fedded all involved HT members for bug abuse. This led to several of the top members of HT getting themselves permafedded in protest.
The final nail in the coffin (in my opinion) came during my very short time as leader of HT. I had some kind of plan to try to regroup and come back (I don't remember the plan anymore, it might have been an awful plan doomed to fail). One of the first things I noticed as leader was that one of our few assets, an oil rig, hadn't paid out in a very long time, when confronted by this the director of the rig accused me of being in cahoots with Leuky to destroy HT and refused to give any of the profits to HT with me as leader. This obviously led to a lot of infighting in HT and I eventually said f**k it and left, I don't think there were any serious attempts at rebuilding HT after that.
The director of the oil rig obviously never gave anything to HT after I left, and he clearly sold his account (he would respond to messages in English, but apparently didn't know a word of Norwegian anymore among other things). He even changed his name to DrSyk to annoy me personally, and since someone who owed me a substantial amount of money mistakenly paid it back to him, I guess it worked.
If Bogie for some reason wants to make up for this whole thing, I suggest he takes a look at DrSyk's profile and if he finds proof that he sold his account at some point, give anything of value there to Supermikk, who's probably the last one of the original members still going strong in HT.
There was a group of investors that all offered 1% interest, compounded daily. The way the stock market worked then, you moved your money every 15 minutes, causing the stock to spike. Most of us were in the same faction so if someone was offline, someone online would just grab their money and invest it.
Scamming was still illegal at the time, it was made illegal shortly after. In fact, I still have the mail from Leuky saved where I asked if I was at risk of being fedded if I didn't pay back my investors.
Leuky was in charge at the time, Is0 was still admin but mostly inactive, and Clansy had just become admin... So it was mostly Leuky that handled it. The problem was, the faction we were all in had recently become HT-International, much to the dismay of one of the faction's owners.... Leuky. There was no question that Leuky was not HTs biggest fan at this time. That's why everyone wanted Is0lati0n to look into it.
Anyway, it was rare that one person would have all of the money, since there was about 10 of us that all worked together. HT-Gargoyle had just passed what he had to Tea and logged off, and 10-15 minutes later Tea gets fedded. And within an hour most of us were back online trying to figure out what was going on...at first we thought it was just an auto-fed for having too much money... But it soon became clear that wasn't it.
The money actually belonged to hundreds, if not thousands of people. I know I had over 50 investors, and had stopped taking on new ones, some of the others had many more. So yeah, it was quite a big deal. Most of the investors quit rather than deal with the fallout... I personally was about 30-40 billion in debt besides losing all my money...
Tea later admitted to us that it wasn't originally his account. He had taken it over a few years prior. Someone ratted him out and Leuky waited for the right moment to fed him. And all he was left with was his bloody rag.... He restarted a couple years later but is inactive now.
The other person who owned the faction with Leuky quit and just gave it to the girl who happened to be leader at the time. She was being pressured by HT to turn it over to them, and also to turn it back to what it was before the alliance... She ended up saying f**k it and sold it... That's a whole nother story.
HT was still the top faction, but they lost several of their top players, lost most of their money, lost their sister faction, and immediately went to war with them which dragged on for a couple months. All this time JFK had been mostly uneffected by this so they just got wealthy and kept growing, while HT focused on war instead of rebuilding.
In my case, I sold of a bunch of collectibles and properties, then started investing and took me about three weeks until I was in the black again and ended up repaying all investors with all their interest as if nothing happened, except for one who went inactive.
P.s. I purposely left out names and some details. Of they want everyone to know, they can post themselves.
And the same "proof" Leuky fedded Tea for, on rumors. Even if that was true, waiting to fed that account when he was sitting on so many peoples money is as shitty as you come. Hurting and being the cause of so many quitting the game becuase they got cheated by Ched and his corrupted staff in charge. He could of fedded Tea BEFORE he got HT and so many other investors money, if it was ONLY Tea he was after. No he wanted both Tea and HT and everyone els hurt in the crossfire was collateral damage.
Did you know, Chedburn was the one that gave Leaky the green light to actually do what he did?
Just as how I was temp fedded because some idiot noob accused me of having bought this account, just like that Chedburn told A admin to temp fed us both. And then I had to go through 20 f**king questions dating back years just to prove I am the rightfully owner of this account. ONE f**kING LIE from a noob who later got fedded for having multies was all it took to send me into temp fed for hours. And this was back in 2016 or 2017.
Imagine how corrupt it was back in Leukys days. But hey, it is still the rules that if years later it comes to light you cheated you will be fedded but Leukys account still not fedded for what he did. Why? Double moral much Chedburn?
No, The final nail in the coffin was when Tea was fedded. We lost way to many members back then, people was demotivated after years of warring, building stats, money and respect was instantly taken away from us in a way I would say was clear Admin abuse. And no returning of that money was granted, Chedburn holded onto HTs money and other peoples investments just so his bellowed JFK was able to outgrow HT and everyone.
The internal fighting that happen in HT, fighting among ourselfs etc that was just a after effect from what Chedburn and Leuky did. We would have been in e totally different spot had we not lost our economy like we did.
5wan[2740387] · #48
Could you do a history of HT a newspaper or on forums it sounds interesting the building of it and then the conflict within to now?
Retrospectives like that have been written a few times; I think Moguai has some in the paper from years back.
It'd still be an interesting project from a writing perspective though, and as a history guy I think it'd be fun to hunt down testimony from the HT old guard to build a good story. We all know HT dominated the game before the rise of the JFK empire, but it'd be nice to have a picture of what that looks like
That said, not sure the paper would be interested in it; might be a better series for the FD forum as, essentially, game lore. That's a question for Sugar, though.
And that matters how? You think I dont pay attention to the past You think I dont keep myself up to date by talking to Supermikk, gargoyl, jobo, dirtydog and all the other HT members and leaders you guys f**ked over in real life before I started rebuilding HT. You think I dont remember? Have you forgotten we are all Norwegians and most of us know each other.
I know more then you think and I believe their word 100% more then I will believe the bullshit you believe in which was fed to you by corrupt admins and Ched himself. I asked you once, Was HT ever gonna be compensated our losses from the wrongfully actions against HT and all those casualties? Remember what you said to me? I believe the words where, "are you insane". Is it insane to ask for justice and refund of what was stole from us by Chedburn and his admin(s)? Is it? If justice is not something Chedburn believes in the let all the fedded accounts be unfedded.
It's not that it doesn't matter, I've no issue with such things being told as a history lesson, but someone who was closer to the founding time with big investments with Tea might be a better option, I'd guess Mikk is the best that remains for that - but there's huge grains of salt to be taken from either side as so much of this is lost to time, with stories twisting like folklore as it gets told from person to person...
But yeah, we're not going to be "compensating" anything here, I simply have no record of the data back then, no idea how much money was involved, the full details of it, who it belonged to, and quite frankly it was 14 years ago, long before my time and many of my colleagues before me - the case is as cold as they come and completely closed now, the history and legends we have here are realistically all there is to go on anymore. End of the day it wasn't just HT who lost out when Tea was jailed, it would be fairly insane and wrong to just credit "HT/you" with a token amount of made up compensation on such a case, for funds that are made up of amounts that were personal investments from many players who no longer play the game, and then nothing to anyone else also affected by Tea - to give you that would be unfair bias.
Part of what's so fascinating to me about the mess is that in some ways, it resembles the arbitage/bookie mess that wrecked R*, for a time. Yet R managed to, if not recover, move upward still by (eventually) moving into Monarch. HT never managed that sort of recovery.
HT/me is wrong to say, I would not be the one laying claims to these funds that would be Supermikk. So if compensation is "not going to happen" then dont run around fedding people for stuff they done in the past yeh, like you done with multiple people and then refuse to backrole money stolen from HT by Staff. Its not my job to go back investigating, thats YOUR duty/job not mine.
But hey, you roam around in this City fedding people as you see fit without even following your own rules when, in this case, HT is mentioned.
I have not once lay claims on specifics what HT lost, That you can ask Supermikk. He would know this better then me. In fact, Chedburn bragged about having data dating back that far so there is no excuse for him not to check those records. Anyone who lost money in that chaos should be credited back + compensation not just HT. THAT is what I mean, THAT is justice. Own your mistakes (as a representive of staff) and do whats right by people who still is around playing.