Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Connection Issues - 522 error

Started by okhostok [2745403] on in Bugs & Issues.

24 replies · 294 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

okhostok [2745403]
I am having connection issues when connecting to Torn. (forced me to use VPN)
[image: media.discordapp.net]
I checked with different devices on different locations in my area, all gives the same response, so I think there is some kind of block by IP location. Can it be solved?
Tomek [2591591]
Same issue, also in Poland. Had to use US VPN. Here's my tracert before and after VPN:

C:\Users\tomek>tracert torn.com

Tracing route to torn.com [[IP address removed]]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.50.57.1
3 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 91nat1.rev.ndi.net.pl [[IP address removed]]
4 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms ae0-124.cr1-waw1.ip4.gtt.net [[IP address removed]]
5 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms cloudflare-gw.cr1-waw1.ip4.gtt.net [[IP address removed]]
6 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms [IP address removed]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\tomek>tracert torn.com

Tracing route to torn.com [[IP address removed]]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 136 ms 136 ms 136 ms 10.17.18.1
2 137 ms 137 ms 137 ms te0-0-0-13.ccr42.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [[IP address removed]]
3 142 ms 138 ms 138 ms be2676.ccr22.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [[IP address removed]]
4 128 ms 124 ms 126 ms [IP address removed]
5 124 ms 124 ms 124 ms [IP address removed]
6 123 ms 124 ms 124 ms [IP address removed]
Tomek [2591591]
Don't know if the problem is solved, but I can connect normally at work, 25km from home. Traceroute from work:
C:UsersTomasz>tracert torn.com

Tracing route to torn.com [[IP address removed]]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 3 ms 1 ms 2 ms host-93.179.249.226.static.3s.pl [[IP address removed]]
3 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms host-89.25.221.96.static.3s.pl [[IP address removed]]
4 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms [IP address removed]
5 19 ms 20 ms 19 ms [IP address removed]
6 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms ae1.3103.edge1.Budapest1.level3.net [[IP address removed]]
7 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms [IP address removed]
8 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms [IP address removed]
2297154 [2297154]
still a problem, I've got a few friends who can't get onto the site at all without VPN. Cloudflare say the Warsaw data center is completely fine though.

I've raised it with Cloudflare, will see what they say:

Your request (#2490273) has been submitted and a Technical Support Engineer will be contacting you soon. Priority is given to Enterprise, Business and Pro customers, in that order.
DaddyTym [673073]
I have that same issue, my mate told me to use VPN. There should be some compensation for that, I missed my morning xanax, natural E/nerve, duke's gift...

And it looks like only Poland have taht issue :/
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I am afraid, there's nothing that we can do about it from Torn side, we have to wait for Cloudflare to fix the issue on their end.

Thanks!
2297154 [2297154]
if you have a way to raise it with cloudflare, I would (since you're paying for a service from them)

cloudflare are saying the issue is with torns servers.

Just for clarification, I've tried doing some host file tricks on a computer in Poland to get around this, I can connect to cloudflare fine, but the cloudflare redirect fails and kicks up the 522 error. But only when connecting through the Cloudflare Warsaw DC, all other Cloudflare DCs work fine. So yeah, Cloudflare have an issue, but I don't seem to be able to get them to look at it.

Since torn pays cloudflare for a service, it probably is much easier for you to get them to look into this. You also probably have a SLA of a few hours for a response from cloudflare, where I'm expecting my email to support to probably take a week before they look into it.

Cloudflare Status is saying no issues at present.
2297154 [2297154]
i don't think torn closed the issue.

Cloudflare has a problem with the Warsaw DC, it could be just something as simple as a wrong DNS entry for torn. However, Cloudflare don't seem to be aware of the issue, and we as users cannot raise this with Cloudflare, as we are not the account holder.

I'm assuming torn have an account with Cloudflare, so needs raising by torn. At present, it seems you need a VPN to login around the Warsaw area. Not everybody has a VPN though.