34 replies · 694 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
35
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Beerstein[1322136]
· 31 likes · Because while Torn is in Texas, it's citizens are f**king idiots.
TheUltimateSalt[2171375]
· 1 likes · As a resident of Texas, I feel offended :( But only slightly :P
Mr_Paradise[2091342]
· 1 likes · R they wrong tho? Lmao. I’m from Dallas and I see the idiocy and craziness of Texans daily.
So it hit me today, according to the map Torn is in like Texas. Then why does TCT not reflect that?
Before anyone else has to get rude. This was meant to be a harmless question. It's not that I want things to changes. I was just curious as to why it was like that.
After Torn was kicked out of the United States, it was instantly flooded by refugees from Guy Ritchie films who desperately long for the mother country, as evidenced by the prevalence of terms such as "in hospital."
Maybe because TCT = UTC = Easier to manage in the code. Ched didn't want to bother offsetting every datetime in his game so he could focus on crime 2.0 instead.
Too bad, it's the only thing breaking real world realism in this game!
Maybe. I had also did some reading in wiki and I think they moved torn at some point. So maybe they just didn't want to mess with times everyone was used to.
China used to have 5 time zones until Mao thought it would be cool to have the same time throughout the country. Likewise, Torn City's unelected cabal of underground crime bosses decided to use GMT cuz fk murica.