Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Whats your mr & ms torn rating system

Started by CPrinceC [923382] Reporter on in General Discussion.

102 replies · 1.77k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 103 / 103 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
103
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CPrinceC [923382] Reporter
For the most part i start with 5 and score as such
-1 point for face covered by mirror cam/paper/mask (i just feel there going for the merit and did not want to do it)
-1 or +1 possibly +2 points for effort to link to torn with items and background
+1 or 2 point for wardrobe/cosplay more so if torn related
+/- point for lighting/photo quality

photo shop edit = -2/-3 points not a fan of editors for the comp i like the effort from a unedited photo

Friends tend to get a extra point or 2 but ill still always drop them down if it looks like something to do a merit grab in witch case totally deserve the merit but not the win ;p .

just curious to what other people do to justify scores they give people?

im not doing this year but i did in the past mostly just a merit grab but tried to be somewhat fun with it clearly not nearly as much effort as some.
Points [2200016] Wiki Contributor
I give pretty much everyone a 5.

Some people with effort I gave some 7's

A few got a 1 for being pathetic

One boy got a 10 cus he was omg
Herodotus [1670169]
I start everyone at 6 just for having the guts to show a photo.

Some measure of creativity/effort besides a sigh gets a 7 or 8.

Good torn related effort gets a 9.

Haven't seen a 10 yet.
DeMe123 [2771572]
I start at 5 as well but I have more criteria
4:
boobs
male nudity (I don't like men sorry men)
low effort/boring
5:
nice looking women (they look like they would hug me)
funny
cute animal (sometimes 6)
6:
uhhh I think I've given someone a 6 one time, might have been a misclick though
Blunt [2076337]
Regardless of sex: Originality and/or showing skin = 5+ depending on the amount of originality and skin.

Saw one dude with his shirt off, looking ripped af... gave him an 8. Saw a chick with some kind of strappy bra thing showing more than it hid, straight 10.

Tons of originality on both sides got 7s/8s

Minimal effort (but effort nonetheless) got 5s

No effort got 4s
Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee Committee
5 for everyone unless I don't like you, 6-7s for creative, 10s for friends and 1s for people I don't like
omeletron [2678064]
Generally a 6 for being brave enough to enter. Increased points for creativity. 10s for people who’s pictures make me think, “that’s pretty cool”. Immediate 1 for any female who makes her photo’s most prominent feature her breasts. Be creative ladies, not primal. You can be beautiful AND artistic.

Edit: Forgot to mention the immediate +1 for having an animal in the picture.
DeMe123 [2771572]
Uhhhh guys I have a problem...
https://postimg.cc/64qDhsnq
This "Ocean" person should be getting a 4 for having cleavage but also they look like a friend I used to know and they were nice to me and I think I should give it a 5?
Elizabeth [2339829]
Base rating is 5 as well

Animals will always bump up 2-3 points, depending on the animal (DAVE)
Being relevant to Torn will bump you up a few points (ie, modelling your character, excessive "drugs"/energy drinks/weapons/etc in the shot, Infinitum's submission is a great example)
Being unique or novel (I think Zean's entry that looks like a movie poster is a clever idea, I haven't personally seen it before)
Generally well photographed entries (good framing, lighting, quality, etc, Rook's submission is a wonderful example)
Having some cool artwork or similar incorporated (RexAlec's design for their username is a good example)
Credit where credit is due on things like stunts (I haven't seen any yet this year, but one of the submissions last year where the guy was doing a backflip into the pool was a good example, though iirc, it was DQ'd because he had to edit in his username)

I tend to knock points off for just generally uncreative entries. Everyone knows the "it's just a selfie but I'm also holding up a piece of paper that has my name, UID, and Mr/Mrs Torn 20XX" posts.
Reversed images will usually knock a point or two off, unless it's obviously intentional (aiyih2333's submission is a good example of intentionally reversed, as it's in a mirror)
Overtly sexual submissions are just unfair, so that's a good way to land you with a 1 in most cases, imo
I know this might make some people upset, but I gotta agree with AndyMan that trigger discipline is important
And of course, anything that just straight up doesn't meet the requirements for the competition. I have yet to see it happen, but on the day I come across an approved submission that slipped through the cracks and doesn't have all the things, it's gonna get a 1.

That's pretty much everything that would affect my voting.