Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Quick Link For SED?

Started by Catalyst [533401] on in Tools & Userscripts.

6 replies · 228 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

Catalyst [533401]
I tried creating a custom link with TT, and the best I can do is link to the "Supply Pack" area. It uses the JS "#" to verify you wish to open it. I can inspect it and see item # coding for button, but have no idea what to do with it.

Would it be possible to create a quick link that auto opens a parcel?
DeathFoundry [2097532]
This sounds a little "Too convenient" of a script to make, border line automation...it will make people on the receiving end during ranked wars cry alot

Of course keeping a tab open that has the page loaded up, is what I would do...nothing shady about that
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
It's not borderline automation. It IS automation, and strictly against the rules.

Using any item upon opening a link is a very easy case against it.
Using it directly from the page (which is possible), is a bit less clear but I have written confirmation by IBF in a related manner.
Catalyst [533401]
If i'm clicking the button, it's still me doing it. I'm not having said action happen once my life drops, ergo, not automation
PlatinumDevil [1920420]
But are you not talking about clicking a button that would open the item page and use the item? If so, you are asking for a way to reduce multiple clicks down into one, which would mean automating numerous clicks.
0xHemlock [2662912]
Your action would need to have two components - a quick link to the parcel tab of your inventory, and then an auto-confirm when it asks you if you actually want to open that parcel. TT has both components, if I understand correctly - making custom links to put on your sidebar, and the quick confirm that is in place for busting, buying items from the item market, etc. However, you will still need to manually click the link, and manually click to open the parcel. Automating that second part as part of clicking the link is what would be illegal.

Destination (link) != Action (opening parcel)
Catalyst [533401]
I see. I am just now learning JS, and am brand new to all of this. So you'll all be seeing more of me and hopefully i'll have some guidance from some amazing programmers Torn seems to have.

I was indeed referring to reducing all the clicks to one, so apparently that will be a no-no. Still, I'm looking forward to more the learning than anything else.