Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Predator: Prey

Started by Flugkatze [1718691] on in TV & Movies.

16 replies · 164 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
24
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Flugkatze [1718691]
Alright, the new trailer is out for a couple of days now and I'm kinda thrilled, since I'm not only enjoying the predator movies but am also interested in a couple of native american tribes. The Comanche are one of them.

Oh well, the trailer.
Comments on Youtube vary. Some people are making fun of it, that a young woman is the one to take down the Yautja. (In the trailer he has to fight her tribe plus white settlers/hunters/whatever...)
Others hope, that this movie will link this predator to the Elder in Predator 2 who gave Mike Harrigan the flintlock pistol.
Unlikely, unless they ignore the comics.
According to those, the Elder got the pistol from pirate captain Raphael Adolini himself.

On the other hand, the guns in the trailer look like flintlock rifles, so might be around that same timeframe. It is still possible, but would mean that the Yautja survives his encounter with a Comanche woman.

What annoys me a bit, that they shot the movie in Canada. The Comanche already lived in the south/southeast of the Central Plains in the 18th century. Yeah, yeah, I know. Should just enjoy the movie and stop being nit-picking.

Any thoughts you got? Thrilled to watch it or a plain NO, since a woman is fighting against the Yautja?

Trailer on youtube
Cyrax [249578]
Looking forward to this flick. Ever since I watched the first predator movie as a youngin' I've always liked the verse.
-El- [463504]
Ironic that I saw the The Predator for the first time a month ago.

Could've left the Predator-dogs out of the script.

I hope this film gives the franchise a much needed boost.
Flugkatze [1718691]
Watched the first movie for the first time after november 2020.
Stumbled upon some fanfiction when I was trying to not think about the NaNoWriMo. So tried to find distractions everywhere.
Got hooked due to the fanfictions then watched the movies.
Terijian [2605052]
I'm native so I'm simultaneously glad for the representation and also expecting it to be awful and have lots of dumb stereotypes etc.
I heard its gonna be dubbed into Comanche from release so thats encouraging.
IDK why the hunter being a woman would make people not want to watch? I think thats just peoples cultural hangups maybe since in europeon cultures women arnt respected or seen as strong, but the same isnt true at all for most indigenous american peoples, most our societies were egalitarian or matriarchal anyway

I like sci-fi and native representation, but also preparing for some cringe worthy scenes I guess
Flugkatze [1718691]
Hope, they give us the choice to watch the dubbed version over here, since I'm interested in a few indigenous tribes like Lakota and Comanche.

Guess those who don't want a female lead forgot about Ripley and other strong women in sci-fi. They also did not like Adrien Brody in Predators as male lead tbf. They just love to see a guy like Arnie.
Flugkatze [1718691]
Watched it yesterday.
Interesting that they indeed included Adolini's weapon. Question is now, how did the Elder from Predator 2 get it?

Another thing, I wonder if the bison hunting done by the French was done like that in the early eighteenth century. If I'm not mistaken the mindless killing for furs was more of a nineteenth century thing.
Inspector_Q [2198654]
What I said previously. I've heard good things though. Too bad it's streaming only at the moment urgh, not releasing a Predator film in the cinemas is terrible!
Samorost [1655145]
Well I ended up watching it, and was impressed overall. Loved the new predator mask & Armour, face was a bit meh. I wont go into detail incase of spoilers but the ending made no sense.
Flugkatze [1718691]
Face looked a bit like a birth defect, to be honest.

According to the media:
Different sub-type from a more desert-like part of their homeworld.
Nicknamed: Feral Predator
If I'm not mistaken, he's not blooded. So maybe Earth is his training ground.
Terijian [2605052]
finally seen it, I think I realized I just dont really care for fighting/action movies very much generally speaking so cant say I loved it. It was a solid film though, probably better than the first one with arnold which is the only other ive seen