Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Should batman

Started by SoyburgeR [2171959] on in Graveyard.

122 replies · 4.41k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 123 / 123 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
123
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
86 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Batman [984129]
I appreciate the kind words but I am grown and can live with the consequences of my actions. Contrary to what 5 people in Monarch say I still have most, if not all of my friends. Literally the only real relationship I can think of that was soured was with Phantom, which does suck not going to lie, but means the friendship wasnt as strong as I thought it was anyway. Hank too I guess, but I lost as much respect for him as he did for me. Wouldnt count RG because I always thought he was a nerd that would do anything to get ahead in Torn. Was never really friends with him, although I do think in general he is a decent dude. No disputing he is one of the smartest people in Torn. I had a lot of admiration for him but we werent buddies.


It is what it is. I felt bad for a bit but as time goes on it is pretty clear I made the right choice. I made the money for Relentless, not the travesty it has turned into. My only regret was leaving them with 50b cash and 50b in weapons. Because hey, nobody cares about what you left only what you scammed. I dont regret returning the faction though, that is something I would have felt like shit about. So much time and effort from others to build the faction, was the main reason (along with absolutely not leaving MnC with 200b and a DB) I took the cash.
TwistedRusso [2665392]
The only thing I have to add to the discussion is that those of us who weren't involved/affected should mind their own businesses. Including me, ttfn.
RadicalFanatic [1483140]
You can't really give batman shit for scamming dozens of players when that's what monarchs known for..... It's literally there trademark.... Screams double standards, like it's cool to be known scammers, that's what you guys do, but to complain when someone else does it, well that's just not normal.
Herodotus [1670169]
It's kinda like the recent situation with PT. Mess with outsiders or ex members as much as you want, just don't mess with current members.

Having said that, at that point Monarch was brand new and didn't necessarily have a reputation at all, just the legacy reputations of R and MnC.
Beerstein [1322136]
at that point Monarch was brand new and didn't necessarily have a reputation at all, just the legacy reputations of R and MnC.

So no reputation except very distinct reputations?
Batman [984129]
Not to mention I literally didnt scam a single player lol


Fun fact. When I ran Relentless I had access to as much as 500b. And the bank was fully guaranteed by Hank at the time. Never even considered taking it. Another fun fact, when I joined R I was an enemy of R. Within two weeks the ENTIRE bank was sent to me in error. Again, didnt even consider not returning it.


My scam didnt impact a single player. I even left M with a sizeable amount of money/weapons which ensured the faction continued to run without a hiccup. And tbh they seem to be doing just fine.