Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fishing & Scuba

Started by Kenergy [2804837] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 84 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
Kenergy [2804837]
I'm new to Torn and all but I have a feeling this could be a great idea - there is a hunting day so why not a Fishing Day or a quarterly fishing tournament? Maybe even fishing all the time at certain locations?

I'm sure we can get creative with it:
  • There are plenty of Fish in the world - Pick a nice variety of them, maybe add some to each location
  • We can add some new merits for Fishing skill, catching record size fish, catching all the fish, catching a record size of each fish, etc...
  • You can have junk and/or treasure found on chances (kind of like searching the city dump)
  • I don't know how crazy you want to get into it, but there's plenty of ways to catch fish too - Spearfishing, Shoreline, Docks/Piers, Boats, Netting, etc...
Next set of ideas that came to me as I thought about this is Scuba:
  • Doesn't have to go along with fishing but it can
  • Treasure Diving - This can also be based on a skill that can increase the type of dives - Shallow, Deep, Cave, Wreck
  • Could have it all the time or just for an event
  • Merits addition - Diving Skill, treasures found, time underwater, locations dived, etc...
Along with both these types of activities you could add a new Category for Education:
  • This will give older players who have all the education completed new courses
  • There are Hunting, Boating, Scuba classes in the real world, we can add them to TORN
  • There could be new perks to go along with it
Also you could add some new companies to the game that include this level of thinking as well!

It has come to my attention that Hunting costs a ton of energy - So an idea to help with that is maybe make fishing like racing.

Will put you in a queue during which you spend time fishing:
  • Can't Race or Fly while fishing though...
What do you guys think?
BONK [2593445]
Get to 100 hunting skill first than think about this one. I dont think many people would like to spend a ton of energy again for some merits.
Kenergy [2804837]
You might be right. I just missed hunting day when I joined. From what I read it sounded like a lot of fun and something I would enjoy at least. So I was thinking about some other things that could be cool.

But I'm an achievement hunter in most games I play, so I'm sure I'd be down to do it either way.
Kenergy [2804837]
Ooooh What if they make fishing like Racing and it costs no Energy! I bet then that could be enjoyable. You just click it and it queues you up.

During Fishing -
  • Can't Race
  • Can't Fly
There can be a work around for it - I don't think it's the worst idea out there
Mephesto [1932248]
I'm going to upvote this but I will also say if this does reach the 250 required Ched is likely to turn it down. He has stated many times he is waiting a few years to add new features to the game
Kenergy [2804837]
He might turn it down early on, but it might also be something he puts on the back burner. Maybe it will come to be after a few years. I honestly think it'll be a cool feature to add.

Thanks for the up vote and the response!
Kenergy [2804837]
Oh. I didn't see it when I was looking around. I'm still kind of new to the game and all.

I love your Faction Name - Goes really well with the suggestion I have made :-)
Kenergy [2804837]
Oh! I'm sorry Nippy the Fish, meant no offense. Maybe they could put in a catch and release systems, so you don't end up in an aquarium :-)