Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Extended mags issue

Started by Heavymetalcats [2016902] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 489 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Heavymetalcats [2016902]
So I purchased an extended mags mod from the mission shop, which said it could be equipped to shotguns. I tried to put them on my jackhammer, but it will not allow me to.

[image: snipboard.io]



As you can see, I have no mods equipped. The image below is what I see when I try to equip the extended mags.

[image: snipboard.io]


I asked around in my faction for advice, but nobody was sure why. I checked the wiki and mod description for any changes I might have missed and skimmed through previous bug reports hoping to find a fix, but I’ve had no luck. I am playing with the Torn app on mobile.
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
[/background]
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Let me know if you need any additional information, thanks for your time.[/background]
mavri [2402357]
I also have this in my shop, and you can indeed equip it on shotguns, however, you are limited to the Mag 7 and that's it. It's not compatible with the Jackhammer.
Heavymetalcats [2016902]
Thanks for helping clear this up, Mavri. I just saw where it said the mod was compatible with shotguns and assumed it was any one of my choice. Someone else in my faction did happen to come online and see my question, and they pointed out that it could be used on the Ithaca as well.
carp [1991903]
Same issue , I purchased one and jackhammer is not listed as an exclusion, I now can't use it ...
Do I need to raise a separate bug to try and get a refund?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
We've decided to entirely remove all Shotguns from Extended Mags compatibility. And we'll mention "Revolvers" on the exclusion list for that mod category too, just to make things very clear.

I'll pass this over to Pavel to enact these changes.

Thanks.
Spargel [2568511]
It seems like this change should've gone the other direction if it was made for the sake of realism. Pump action and semi-automatic shotguns absolutely have magazines which can have the plugs removed or be replaced with extended ones. It's a case of magazine != clip.



Edit - I followed the trail of bug reports to the original and it looks to me like this was an over correction in the first place if the original change had limited it to the Mag 7.

The shotguns featured in game that shouldn't have an extended magazine possibility are the Jackhammer prototype that had a single size drum magazine and the nock gun, sawed-off shotgun, blunderbuss, and homemade pocket shotgun that have simpler designs and no magazines.

The remainder being the Benellis M1 and M4, the Ithaca, and the Mag 7.

For realism, the extended magazines should work with 4 of the 9 shotguns available.