Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fix Ranked Warring

Started by bjm37 [327973] on in Suggestions.

16 replies · 268 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

bjm37 [327973]
There are a couple problems that I feel need to be addressed in ranked wars

1. Players evading being attacked by either traveling or staying hospitalized

Proposed Solution:
Add walls similar to territory walls where players will sit to gain points towards the target, this may even include adding a new feature where there are walls to sit on overseas (as if we were drug lords trying to secure product outside of torn, think that would be kinda cool but not necessary). To add to this since there would be additional points to be gained on these walls the total target may need to be increased.

2. Factions paying mercenaries to attack their own faction to keep their offlines in the hospital OR paying them to help defeat stronger players in the opposing faction

Proposed solution:
As soon as a war starts every player involved cannot be attacked from outside players. Obviously a problem would occur if players started chaining targets outside of the war, so the only exception to this rule would be retaliations. I think this solution may need some more work but it is at least a start.

I think that it is important to change these two problems because the point of having something "ranked" is that its a fair 1v1 faction against faction. There should not be any outside help and silly loopholes to jump through.
Cloud [109736]
I Definitely believe there should be a way to make it more fair verses ppl hiding all the time. The fact that someone can have any amount of ppl in there faction hiding oversees inactive and they still count towards the faction makes no sense. If they are in a ranked war they should be able to be attacked just like green players.

Example: I recently was in a war with my faction that has 23 players. We went up against a faction with 19 but 8 of them were inactive and hiding abroad. This gives the other Faction a very big advantage because they are going to have way more targets to attack and an 11 member faction should have never matched a 23. I believe at least they should match like anyone else in their range. Faction: Swiss T.B
Qzwx420 [1425036]
1. Why not chase them? I don't see the issue... unless half the faction goes inactive abroad for couple days prior to the war... which would give them the abroad attack immunity but I've always been against protecting players who leave the game/go inactive anyways...

2. It's called a bounty... and a mechanic of the game, and you won't solve the issue by removing outside hits since that would create a large potential for exploitation using ranked war status to keep from being attacked for other reasons...
CarlosTheDwarf [2103309]
I don't think you can do a blanket disabling of outside attacks as it would be easily abused. Attacking is a core mechanic of this game that affects more than just wars.
  • What happens during elimination?
  • What happens during dog tags?
  • What if you're being raided? Does the raid cease? Can raiders still hit you?
  • What if you currently are raiding someone? Is that disabled too?
Dalzadar [2242727]
What if the value of the hit were scaled based on the size of the faction and the number of non-inactive targets (inactive can be defined as offline for longer than 24 hours), so the more inactive your faction becomes the greater value each successful hit on you is granted to the opponent?
Cloud [109736]
Yea I agree we can disable outside attack but allowing you to attack inactive abroad’s would be nice. Especially since you can attack greenies (new players). I think the best solution is like two slots on a wall and increasing points might work.
Cloud [109736]
This is actully a good idea however they would have to allow attacking inactive members over sees which they don’t. Everything else is game but not abroad inactives.

so you could literally have a 100 person faction with 90 members flying and inactive if you truly wanted and could fight a huge faction in which they would only have them 10 targets. All others that are inactive flying can’t be hit.
Dalzadar [2242727]
What I mean is, in a situation where a faction has 100 players and 99 of them haven't logged on in 24 hours, one hit on the 1 active player provides the equivalent worth of 99 hits.
Snuggle [2776739]
I fall on the side of Qzwx420 ~ especially the 2. point is a big contention ~ I'd figure fake RW's would now be a thing to do safe trading. Can't see how such a deal couldn't benefit both sides, just decide who wins the war and the other part gets a small compensation or what not, you just plan literally 1 hit, then everyone drop e on hard training and you got 5 days protection from being attacked.
bjm37 [327973]
1. I didn't say remove traveling as a solution, I said add walls so it would be advantageous to stay and sit on a wall. Also adding walls overseas PROMOTES travel. The problem is evading attacks is too easy, ranked war should be about strategy and activity, right now with the way players are easily able to evade is not conducive to something that is ranked.

2. This is why I said retaliations would be an exception to this rule. No it's not perfect and I also said it could use work. But until you have fought a ranked war where the entire PT family is attacking your targets as soon as they come out of hospital you won't understand. It's not just bounties its hiring entire factions and their sub's.
bjm37 [327973]
This is a very good point. This is definitely one of the hardest things to work around. The solution I offered for #2 I knew had many flaws and I will continue to think of a better solution.
LAFAT [2623027]
wouldnt agree with #2 either, if not people would just enlist in wars whenever possible to hide from TT wars / raids
Threedog [2346786]
The only problem with number 1 is it just becomes a stat competition, have your group of heavies hosp the other fac and they can't do anything about it. Atleast with current system a lower Stat fac can still pull off a win.

And inactive ppl abroad should have attacks allowed
Qzwx420 [1425036]
1 did I say to remove traveling? I said I was against the protection inactive player get when offline abroad... it's a stupid protection in a crime game... if someone flies away you should be a le to attack them no matter... AND THAT would solve your issue wouldn't it?

2. I've been there... look at my faction... we have 0 rank war wins... but putting a protection for outside hits in no way solves the issue... without creating more elsewhere... what happens during territory wars? What happens during elimination? And other attack oriented torn events if you can slip in a no outside hits mode?

Imagine going against a rival faction wall... and they go hmm imma do a ranked war, NO OUTSIDE HITS... bam you're stuck and can't attack their wall because youre an outsider to the ranked war... its MUCH more complicated than retaliation, and even then... retaliation from what you can't get hit from the outside anyways

See the issue now?
Qzwx420 [1425036]
Yep and I'm against that protection

I'm against it for any reason... "crime game" should mean you're in danger of being attacked if you're not looking after your game...
Reyna_ [2362702]
Let me preface with: I was scrolling through the forums trying to find more info on the ranked wars because I was on hiatus for a couple years and came back to ranked wars being a thing and have no idea what I'm getting into with my faction next week lol. So I have zero knowledge and am just giving a skimmed over pov.

I can see an unfairness from both sides of this. You all with less targets. The other side with more people attacking them.
The imbalance is what's unfair. It would be neat if there was like a role call or check in system for the wars. Only players in the faction who check some box beforehand that says I am present and I am ready for war should be attacked and/or attacking. Then match them with another faction with the same amount of present/active members.
I'm sure there are cons and something else would be infringed upon with this added, but it seems like having the same amount of people fighting on both sides would be the most fair in a ranked situation.