**Work in progress please ignore**
Intro
This bot is designed to help leadership teams run facs and help with gathering data about your faction and its members. Eve is not designed to help with attacking (bar one command so far) or mugging or really anything in Torn directly - its an admin tool designed to minimise time manually entering data.
Ethos
Eve is built with the site stated intentions for the API in mind. No user command in the bot ever triggers more than a single API call. The calls which gather information about the entire fac (which do require multiple calls - 1 per member +4 for gym challenge data) run only once a day and are not triggered by a user or via the bot.
Privacy and Keys
Facs that have chosen to use Eve should be aware that in order for it to function it stores all the player data it captures forever. This means that when you run a command (for example: tell me how many Xanax everyone in the fac took over the last 7 days) it can return a response instantly - because it doesn’t have to make an API call for every member in your fac - or any API call at all for that example. Eve collected the data each day and kept it. This also means data is “stale” in that any changes to player data won’t be captured until the next time it runs (once per day at 1am TCT - in the hope that Torns internal crons have completed by then).
As Eve runs on a hosted server, I can access all this data. I have no desire to look at what amounts to endless spreadsheets or to bother keeping tabs on any fac other than ours, but for full disclosure I want you to know I could look at this data if I chose to.
Eve currently requires a Limited API key to run. This is to pull information for fac gym challenges so Eve can tell you how much energy people spent training. Also worth mentioning that every stat except these could be gathered for any fac using any key.
That said, there is a considerable amount of trust required to give any player access to your API key. I have never and will never betray that trust. I would also remind all players that they can and should periodically check the usage on their API keys. You can see when calls are made using your key.
Intro
This bot is designed to help leadership teams run facs and help with gathering data about your faction and its members. Eve is not designed to help with attacking (bar one command so far) or mugging or really anything in Torn directly - its an admin tool designed to minimise time manually entering data.
Ethos
Eve is built with the site stated intentions for the API in mind. No user command in the bot ever triggers more than a single API call. The calls which gather information about the entire fac (which do require multiple calls - 1 per member +4 for gym challenge data) run only once a day and are not triggered by a user or via the bot.
Privacy and Keys
Facs that have chosen to use Eve should be aware that in order for it to function it stores all the player data it captures forever. This means that when you run a command (for example: tell me how many Xanax everyone in the fac took over the last 7 days) it can return a response instantly - because it doesn’t have to make an API call for every member in your fac - or any API call at all for that example. Eve collected the data each day and kept it. This also means data is “stale” in that any changes to player data won’t be captured until the next time it runs (once per day at 1am TCT - in the hope that Torns internal crons have completed by then).
As Eve runs on a hosted server, I can access all this data. I have no desire to look at what amounts to endless spreadsheets or to bother keeping tabs on any fac other than ours, but for full disclosure I want you to know I could look at this data if I chose to.
Eve currently requires a Limited API key to run. This is to pull information for fac gym challenges so Eve can tell you how much energy people spent training. Also worth mentioning that every stat except these could be gathered for any fac using any key.
That said, there is a considerable amount of trust required to give any player access to your API key. I have never and will never betray that trust. I would also remind all players that they can and should periodically check the usage on their API keys. You can see when calls are made using your key.