Hi, so I'm finally exploring the forums and I noticed there's this forum for the supernatural, and I figured it'd be a good place to share information about the [I no longer want to be associated with this]
[Delete this pls]
Started by rBree2 [2771927] on in Paranormal.
About this thread
Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 53
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 10 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Sweeney_Todd [27468]
· 2 likes ·
Ghosts aren't real. They are used by conmen to lie to idiots... Just saying... - Sweeney_Todd [27468]
· 1 likes ·
It's quite simple... Billions of people have died over the thing we call history... If ghosts exist, every town and city would be plagued by them, but it only seems to be the dickheads on these shit TV shows that … - rBree2 [2771927]
· 1 likes ·
[Delete this pls]
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. I'm not a believer until I've seen indisputable proof, but I don't discard the option either. If anything it's interesting to explore.
Ghosts aren't real. They are used by conmen to lie to idiots...
Just saying...
Just saying...
Regardless of whether you believe it's ghosts or not, the streams are quite fascinating containing a bunch of things that are quite a sight. And the next one is Monday, Sept 5th, at 7:30pm EST.
I agree with the latter part, if only you had proof of the first :D
It's quite simple...
Billions of people have died over the thing we call history...
If ghosts exist, every town and city would be plagued by them, but it only seems to be the dickheads on these shit TV shows that experience them. What are the odds...
Billions of people have died over the thing we call history...
If ghosts exist, every town and city would be plagued by them, but it only seems to be the dickheads on these shit TV shows that experience them. What are the odds...
ghosts ARE everywhere
you only think that cause you keep your head in the sand.....
you're not even being honest with yourself posting your shittakes cause you know a lot of people experience them
you're always talking shite to them here
and livestreaming at a paranormal hotspot doesn't make someone a con person
don't know why i bother responding to you but there ya go...
you only think that cause you keep your head in the sand.....
you're not even being honest with yourself posting your shittakes cause you know a lot of people experience them
you're always talking shite to them here
and livestreaming at a paranormal hotspot doesn't make someone a con person
don't know why i bother responding to you but there ya go...
Even if that is true, you still cannot show indisputable proof for it. There probably are many things we don't (yet) know, how to see or feel ghosts might be one. I do agree with you on the dickheads though, mist ghost hunters are hilarious. How can you chase ghosts and be afraid of every creak you hear in a wooden house is beyond me. A frigging WOODEN house... what did you expect? The odds of there being sand in the desert are poorer than those of a wooden house that creaks every now and then. I do have to admit they're doing a great job linking literally everything they sense in any way to paranormal activity. That must be a gift of some sorts.
Having said that, that does not in any way prove there are no ghosts, it merely proves you can pick up all sorts of experiences and list them as paranormal. In fact, some of what they (the guys in the populat tv-shows I mean) pick up might actually be paranormal. There is no way of telling, and they way they treat it doesn't help either. I can't get over the fact they can never indisputably prove they're actually is something they're but they almost always classify the phenomena as not dangerous or no threat. I know it's for the sake of show, but it didn't help the people that are serious about it one bit.
There's a YT channel that in a way addresses this in a few of their video's. It's called Buzzfeed Unsolved and the video's show a team of two, a believer and a skeptic, that road haunted places. It's hilarious. The playlist is here
Having said that, that does not in any way prove there are no ghosts, it merely proves you can pick up all sorts of experiences and list them as paranormal. In fact, some of what they (the guys in the populat tv-shows I mean) pick up might actually be paranormal. There is no way of telling, and they way they treat it doesn't help either. I can't get over the fact they can never indisputably prove they're actually is something they're but they almost always classify the phenomena as not dangerous or no threat. I know it's for the sake of show, but it didn't help the people that are serious about it one bit.
There's a YT channel that in a way addresses this in a few of their video's. It's called Buzzfeed Unsolved and the video's show a team of two, a believer and a skeptic, that road haunted places. It's hilarious. The playlist is here
Have you seen a ghost or ghosts just wandering around you High Street?
No?
Well there you go...
No?
Well there you go...
Yeah, that's the easy way out, 'if I haven't seen it, it doesn't exist or isn't there'. You know all too well that is not how it works.
I assume you are ignoring the fact that either there are no ghosts, or millions of ghosts, hence my post...
Seems to be the broad term of ghost being used instead of looking at the types of ghosts.
Most are vengeful spirits that have failed to move on from their moral state. Thus getting trapped in our world instead of going into an afterlife.
This alone make it to where not everyone is a ghost but also still makes it to where there are ghosts. It basically makes the belief that it's not either extreme but rather somewhere in between. And some folklore involving ghosts states that they are only seen when they choose to.
La Llorona is the most prominent one I know. It's hard to place exactly where it's origin was but it was one of the Spanish speaking countries in the America's (believe it's Mexico but not 100% certain). She basically had a good upbringing, got married into a family that can provided for her and their children, and was generally happy. Until she started to suspect her husband was cheating on her. Keep in mind this is several hundred years old. So she took her two kids (like no older than pre-teens), into the forest. Once she came across a river, she drowned her two kids before drowning herself while wearing her own wedding dress. It's believed that kids can hear ghostly laughter of two kids playing and a mother calling the children's names. Then if you see a women in a wedding dress with pale skin, waterlogged skin that she'll try to lure you to the river and drown you. This is because she believes you are her children and will want to meet you in the afterlife. All while she is bound to walk the riverbanks searching for her children who have crossed over forever.
Most of these folklore have ghosts that are stuck in this life because they have a problem that is left unfinished (or at least perceived this way). Or they have a sense of duty left in our world that they desire to do.
Most are vengeful spirits that have failed to move on from their moral state. Thus getting trapped in our world instead of going into an afterlife.
This alone make it to where not everyone is a ghost but also still makes it to where there are ghosts. It basically makes the belief that it's not either extreme but rather somewhere in between. And some folklore involving ghosts states that they are only seen when they choose to.
La Llorona is the most prominent one I know. It's hard to place exactly where it's origin was but it was one of the Spanish speaking countries in the America's (believe it's Mexico but not 100% certain). She basically had a good upbringing, got married into a family that can provided for her and their children, and was generally happy. Until she started to suspect her husband was cheating on her. Keep in mind this is several hundred years old. So she took her two kids (like no older than pre-teens), into the forest. Once she came across a river, she drowned her two kids before drowning herself while wearing her own wedding dress. It's believed that kids can hear ghostly laughter of two kids playing and a mother calling the children's names. Then if you see a women in a wedding dress with pale skin, waterlogged skin that she'll try to lure you to the river and drown you. This is because she believes you are her children and will want to meet you in the afterlife. All while she is bound to walk the riverbanks searching for her children who have crossed over forever.
Most of these folklore have ghosts that are stuck in this life because they have a problem that is left unfinished (or at least perceived this way). Or they have a sense of duty left in our world that they desire to do.
I'm not ignoring anything. If I knew beyond reasonable doubt and could indisputably prove a spirit world and, more specific, ghosts actually exist, we wouldn't have this conversation because then I could simply show you. Since I don't have any prove to either confirm or discard the existence, there also is no way of telling how it would function if it existed.
The usual explanation for the presence of ghosts is that they have some unfinished business to deal with. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that is true. That could very well mean the moment they have done what they still needed to do, they disappear and their presence can no longer be detected by (sensitive) people and/or whatever equipment the ghosts hunters use.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying ghosts in whatever form or shape actually exist, but I can't say they don't either. And, at least at this point in time, neither can you, nor anyone else. I have no problem with the fact you believe they don't exist, or with anyone believing they do, I personally just refuse to accept either opinion as true unless proven.
Needless to say proof can only be provided from the knowledge we now possess, which might prove to be wrong in a hundred years or so, but that's a different, equally intriguing discussion.
The usual explanation for the presence of ghosts is that they have some unfinished business to deal with. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that is true. That could very well mean the moment they have done what they still needed to do, they disappear and their presence can no longer be detected by (sensitive) people and/or whatever equipment the ghosts hunters use.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying ghosts in whatever form or shape actually exist, but I can't say they don't either. And, at least at this point in time, neither can you, nor anyone else. I have no problem with the fact you believe they don't exist, or with anyone believing they do, I personally just refuse to accept either opinion as true unless proven.
Needless to say proof can only be provided from the knowledge we now possess, which might prove to be wrong in a hundred years or so, but that's a different, equally intriguing discussion.
I am well aware of the fact there supposedly are various types of paranormal experiences, I just use the word ghost to my convenience as I am too lazy to elaborate every time :)
It seemingly makes sense that spirits or ghosts only show themselves to people they choose, but that is just as unproven as stating they don't exist at all. I suppose that's why I'm interested in the subject, the fact there is absolutely no proof whatsoever to either confirm or discard.
I do not consider the ghost hunters that appear in GHI and similar shows a source of proof or useful information, as these shows are obviously made to attract viewers. I mean, how can you travel to a country that has a different language than English as their native tongue and still think it's a good idea to address possible spirits that roam the cells of an old prison in English and still expect a reply? In English at that? How can you think that will make people believe you're to be taken seriously?
It seemingly makes sense that spirits or ghosts only show themselves to people they choose, but that is just as unproven as stating they don't exist at all. I suppose that's why I'm interested in the subject, the fact there is absolutely no proof whatsoever to either confirm or discard.
I do not consider the ghost hunters that appear in GHI and similar shows a source of proof or useful information, as these shows are obviously made to attract viewers. I mean, how can you travel to a country that has a different language than English as their native tongue and still think it's a good idea to address possible spirits that roam the cells of an old prison in English and still expect a reply? In English at that? How can you think that will make people believe you're to be taken seriously?
And yet you speak for humanity by assuming there is an after life, very bold of you...
Are you going to tell us which gods we must believe in next for your fantasy to exist?
Are you going to tell us which gods we must believe in next for your fantasy to exist?
BTW [delete this pls]
Tell me where. I specifically state time and time again I do not have any proof either confirming or discarding the existence of anything that has to do with spirits and a spirit world. How can you say I assume there is an afterlife then? Besides, I'm speaking on behalf of myself and most certainly not on behalf of humanity.
On a side note, by your own standards you're at least as bold, speaking for humanity by stating there are no ghosts. So it's kind of a weird accusation you make here. Do you happen to have prove you're willing to share other than 'I have never seen one, where there should be billions, so they don't exist' to substantiate your claim?
On a side note, by your own standards you're at least as bold, speaking for humanity by stating there are no ghosts. So it's kind of a weird accusation you make here. Do you happen to have prove you're willing to share other than 'I have never seen one, where there should be billions, so they don't exist' to substantiate your claim?
I did watch some of the footage, it's quite a lot so not all of it yet. The first thing that strikes me is that, for as far as I've seen, they don't make a shit show of it by excessively screaming or pretending to get nauseous or something like that. That makes this less hilarious, but more interesting. I have no explanation for some of the things I see, but having not been there makes it hard for me to accept or deny the fact they are the work of something paranormal. There could be a host of explanations for, say, the fridge door or the various sounds they hear. Still, a good watch, much better than the 'regular' shows that address this.
[Delete this pls]
Honestly, that is the way to go in my opinion. I don't think there are ways to prove anything paranormal, at least not yet, so the best you can do is not randomly and frantically trying to denote it, but accept you cannot explain it. You can of course further investigate to try and figure out what it is, but that's about it. They are doing a good job at that.