I'm a cat fosterer. Sometimes I get two or three semi ferals. This time I took on the task of a pregnant Mum. She produced 7. Yes. 7. Life has been busy.
Get kittens they said
It'll be fun, they said.
So, I just got out of the shower and went into the kitten room for a last feed and a before bed litter tray clean. I caught Missy (the kittens Mum who eats about a kg of cat food a day. This results in mighty poo!) settling in one for a poo. I grabbed the necessities and moved in to scoop before the smell hit. Cowering at the back of the tray was a concentrating Elgar who was also having a poo. Cute, I thought, a Mum and daughter defecation.
After I scooped, out shot a lighter and happier Elgar and as she did I spotted her tail coated with her Mum's stunningly stinky and sloppy shite. Not cute, thought I, my hand gripping the warm squishy bag of Mum's shit.
Elgar joined her siblings in post-poo zoomies, her tail lashing everything in sight and transferring her fresh shit coat gleefully about the room.
I grabbed more bits and chased her down, getting nicely painted myself, fresh brown shite striping my arm and legs.
Ten minutes and a bucket later, we are clean again and I deposit the nonplussed clean Elgar in front of her Mum in the hope of letting her sort out her damp daughter. Mum turned her back and headed to the food bowl. Not her problem apparently!!
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Mum, not giving one.
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Elgar, not giving much of one either.
Get kittens they said
It'll be fun, they said.
So, I just got out of the shower and went into the kitten room for a last feed and a before bed litter tray clean. I caught Missy (the kittens Mum who eats about a kg of cat food a day. This results in mighty poo!) settling in one for a poo. I grabbed the necessities and moved in to scoop before the smell hit. Cowering at the back of the tray was a concentrating Elgar who was also having a poo. Cute, I thought, a Mum and daughter defecation.
After I scooped, out shot a lighter and happier Elgar and as she did I spotted her tail coated with her Mum's stunningly stinky and sloppy shite. Not cute, thought I, my hand gripping the warm squishy bag of Mum's shit.
Elgar joined her siblings in post-poo zoomies, her tail lashing everything in sight and transferring her fresh shit coat gleefully about the room.
I grabbed more bits and chased her down, getting nicely painted myself, fresh brown shite striping my arm and legs.
Ten minutes and a bucket later, we are clean again and I deposit the nonplussed clean Elgar in front of her Mum in the hope of letting her sort out her damp daughter. Mum turned her back and headed to the food bowl. Not her problem apparently!!
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Mum, not giving one.
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Elgar, not giving much of one either.