Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mistake setting API

Started by Soltia [2418476] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 203 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
21
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

Soltia [2418476]
I'm currently I need some help. I was attempting to reset my API keys. I didn't understand what I was doing and accidently changed my name thinking I was naming an API key. May I please have the name change reverted and the points spent refunded?posting this with TornTools enabled.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I am afraid this is all on you and we cannot do anything about this. The game provides a clear description and a warning before you confirm the name change. You need to read the confirmations before clicking through, it is a text based RPG after all.

Thanks!
EliteThief [259366]
It's obvious she knows it was her mistake, and you could easily do something about it. The title and body explain it clearly. You should read the reports closely before being an ass, it is a text based RPG after all. You think she's going to keep paying for a game when she's stuck with a name she doesn't want for 3 months?

Thanks!
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I am not being an ass, I am being realistic. All important actions like name change have confirmations in place to avoid mistakes like these. I did read the report and closed it correctly, that is my job.

If you are just going to ignore the warnings and confirmations and then expect staff to clean up your mess, then I am afraid bogie will have to hire 100s of staff members. You can take it up with bogie and see what he thinks about your idea.
EliteThief [259366]
Not everyone has the same ability to read English. It would've taken about the same time to help this one person as it took you to respond to an uninvolved party, but thank you for your time addressing my concern anyways.
EliteThief [259366]
If it makes me lame to try to help a friend who's obviously struggling and admitting it publicly, then I never want to be cool. Go ahead and rate me down. The original poster created two threads, one empty and one with her issue pasted in the middle of "I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled," so she was obviously having issues with UI. The action doesn't affect any other player, and I can't believe it's that hard to edit a timestamp even if a refund is against policy.

If these issues are so common that you need 100's of staff members, then maybe allocate some more resources to making the UI easier to use. I guess the job would have to be identify and solve problems to figure that out, instead of just reading and closing them.