Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

More gun mods

Started by Eric28371 [2747133] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 53 views · thread synced · 16 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
Eric28371 [2747133]
I was thinking that we should some more attachments/mods to guns. Some of the ones I was thinking of were:

M203
Single shot underbarrel grenade launcher for rifles, and shotguns. It can be used as long as it is equipped to a gun, allowing the user to use it when needed, can be used while not taking up a turn (or maybe not). Reload still takes up a turn though.

Ammo type: 40 mm grenade
Damage: 70-90
Accuracy: 30-40

M26-MASS
A shotgun underbarrel attachment for rifles, and shotguns. Used for same thing was M203 but its a shotty and not a launcher.
Ammo type: 12 gauge
Damage: 40-55
Accuracy: 50-55+

Potato Grip
A grip with a flashlight on it. Attachment for shotguns, rifles, machine guns, smg, and maybe pistols.
Effect: +0.75 accuracy, -3.50 Opponent Accuracy, -2 Opponent Stealth
Catarchy [2632824]
easy with the bumping.

they aren't well balanced and the first two introduce a brand new mechanic that's not needed in my opinion.

R-
TravesTy [2623578]
We definitely need new mods, I agree with that. But as anarchia said. These are unbalanced and bring a whole new mechanic we don’t yet need- especially with all these new rw bonuses still changing the meta builds
Elizabeth [2339829]
I can definitely see where you're coming from, we don't really have underbarrel attachments of that variety, even though it would make reasonable sense to. However, yes, they're unbalanced as you have proposed them. The underbarrel attachment would have to be used just like the actual gun, taking a full turn to use and another to reload (though I feel like it'd be more balanced to not be able to carry extra ammo for them). The grenade launcher would effectively allow you to carry a grenade, or extra grenade if you have one equipped in your temp slot as well, and the shotty would basically give you one or two shotgun rounds, even though you've brought a regular rifle. I think the potato grip, while it's a real thing, would just flat out be unbalanced because it's just combining two separate attachments. Yes, I know, that's the point, but you would, essentially, make it possible to have "an extra" attachment, which is too much.

All that being said, it'd certainly be nice to have an underbarrel shotty/nade, but yeah, I think it's just a little too powerful, and beyond that, there's really not a lot of attachments I can come up with that Torn needs...