I've had my ups and downs (tl;dr RL) and the team just kept me going - thanks to you all.
So proud to have been part of an alley[1] that didn't make a deal just for a couple more places, and kept fighting to the very last. Glad to be there at the finish, thank you all for a fun few days that remind me why I train battle stats.
Page 2 this year, Page 1 next ...hope to be on the same team with as many of you as RNG allows.
Gutted we went out when we did team, that’s the highest I’ve finished in hit count in my team, previous best was with Illuminati last year when I finished 11th for number of hits. Managed to get number 1 this year and that was without my farm being 10*.
Well done to all those who made a good number of hits on the team and to those that didn’t may you burn in the depths of hell and not be on my team next year.
Back to hitting that training regime again until called upon next.
Thank you for such an uplifting post and kinds words Fidel - they are so deserved for this absolutely INCREDIBLE team. I cannot stress enough how much motivation, spirit and support came through from the active players day after day, despite how things played out.
As this was my first proper elimination I was nervous with no idea what to expect, but it certainly wasn't to feel like I was amongst friends & family for these days spent together... what a lovely surprise this was. So - whilst I am sad to leave the competition - I am significantly more sad to leave you guys :-(
A very big and special thanks to RebelOnline who taught me 1. what a push call is and 2. how to do it to perfection! First a stranger and now my friend, thank you for being supportive and very patient with a hopeless noob.
To our lovely leaders and (insert entire active player list here) who went above and beyond, I say a HUGE thank you for making this potentially the best elimination I'll ever take part in. We fought and we fought from day one - never losing our spirit, our smiles or our minds.
If the team atmosphere was different but we had reached #1, I still wouldn't feel as good as I do today. We did everything together as a real team from our beginning to our end and that is the best feeling ever :-)
Thank you EVERYONE in the team who allowed me to take the role of calling without any fuss or distrust in my 'nobody' status and gave me a chance to contribute whilst you all stood on the frontline doing the most important job of all. I would gladly call pushes for 100 hours more if it meant we could keep fighting together.
We entered this competition blind, we got given this horrific name (thanks again to the Torn Gods for exacerbating my fear of clowns LOL), we got ticketed out immediately and kept our spirits high, then we got flattened and we still managed to fight it out for a long while with a smile before we finally went out together, as a team, which is exactly where I'd choose to be.
Thanks ALL for your new friendship, memories and a good fight. And of course, for putting up with the (undoubtedly tiresome) self-appointed cheerleader.
Massive congratulations to ALL who are in the game still - alliance or not, I now see how tough this event is on mind and body so I wish you all very good luck in the upcoming days.
Well played to Laughing, insane pushes - great leadership making tough decisions.
Played for the win and didn't switch up on that notion. About 5 other teams will be making a post saying "we did what we thought was best" - but they're just pussies who rigged the competition and purposely lost their team any shot of ever winning. You can hold your head up high knowing you weren't apart of that.