7 replies · 294 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Most-liked replies
Sethimothy[2197917]
· 6 likes · Post positively and add to any discussion, don't detract from it. Be approachable. You have chat turned off from strangers which means they can't chat with you. Find a good faction. Get into mischief together. Lose gracefully. Some of the …
How do you get friends on here without talking to them outside of Torn? The way I see it anyone you help or gift or give charity to probably won't be like oh si can add them add them as a friend considering, they probably too new know about it yet. So I ask how did you all make your Torn friends?
Brought some in from outside game, met some in game. Met probably 20 or so people from Torn in RL. Now that meetups are starting to pop up that's easier though.
Honestly, just harassed most of em, met em through war and fac and shit. Hell, some I met by straight up bountying them.
Admittedly it's been a while since I met any new torn peeps, new generation and all.
Interact. It's very easy to ping people, contribute on forums, people will start chats (if you are enabled). Ping someone and complement them on their profile pic or their feet. I collect stuff for people who are appreciative - I often chat with all of them on a daily/weekly basis. Some chats are deeper than others.
One of my best friends here in torn came about when he was trying to get a couple mil discount on some clothing I was trying to sell lol.
Suppose it’s just like RL in that some people you click with and want to keep in touch with, and others just aren’t your cup of tea.
Always worthwhile to be kind, we are all here to play the game so my best advice would be to have fun, be sociable and don’t take yourself too seriously :) <3