Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mobile - large notification delay

Started by TheCyberpunk [1850382] on in Bugs & Issues.

21 replies · 204 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TheCyberpunk [1850382]
Large delay compared to desktop. I'm using torntools so I get updates every 30 seconds, but when it comes to travelling, I go there, do what I need to do the moment I land, then fly out immediately to avoid giving muggers a chance. Last time I travelled, I was coming back and got a notification that I landed in Mexico several minutes after beginning my trip back to Torn. I think this should be fixed.
TheCyberpunk [1850382]
Yes. I did a return flight from Mexico to Torn, went to check back on torn. Checked my phone, no notification, and then I get the notification 5 minutes after landing.
TheCyberpunk [1850382]
Just tested it by initiating an OC from my computer and the phone notifications came in at the same time, my phone screen lit up and it buzzed when I initiated it.
TheCyberpunk [1850382]
Ok I got a delayed notification just now. I'm on my computer with my phone in front of me, got a notification on my computer at 14:15 my time regarding me getting mugged, and then I receive it on my phone at 14:22.
Misgrey [1862726]
I've been facing this issue for a long time, on a OnePlus 7T and now a Samsung Flip 4. I keep the apps updated.

All notifications are usually slow. Sometimes flight comes like a few minutes after I'm already travelling back. Both phones had Torn app set to unrestricted battery usage, but it appears to not have helped much, if at all. I'm currently not using Torn on my Samsung as either it or TornPDA or both are draining quite a fair amount of battery. I'm keeping TornPDA for now as it does not have any delays for flight (very important for me)

OnePlus: Android 11
Samsung: Android 12