Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Multiple accounts

Started by NotMedicine [2441679] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 1.96k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
31
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

NotMedicine [2441679]
I know having a multi is against the rules if I use it to gain an unfair advantage over others, but is it illegal if I make a new account but make it have no correlation with my main? (Like a RuneScape alt for a gimmick or pures)
SoapyCilantro [2220138]
I’ve always wondered about having friends/family start accounts and doing things to benefit eachother, for example if my wife starts an account and we attack people together, is that against the rules? How does staff recognize the difference between me and someone I know irl communicating to get play vs some dude with a phone and a computer logged in to both, doing stuff as a unit?
DedeSiregar [2430598]
If your account is made purely to benefit you instead playing her own game n doing herown purposes, then it will be counted as your multi regardless it is really ur wife or not. IE she only logs in to put bounties for u, to send u cash, etc.
That's afaik
Delta [2049998]
They try the best they can, but some stuff always slips through the cracks whether thats people getting away with multies, or two people being unfairly banned. A couple in my faction got hit with that and despite their evidence were still banned for multi. It is what it is, staff has to crack down, it's better than multis flooding torn.

my advice is just dont play with your spouse or siblings or whatever
DedeSiregar [2430598]
This is incorrect info. I know many ppl who play with rl husband n wife n doing fine. Coz i played with them. They both play for theirown game, with theirown style, etc. Thing is it is easily to be attempted to make our fam n spouse to feed us than to let them enjoy theirown game. We easily n selfishly ask them to support us completely than let them play theirown game. N that's when we cross the line.
N thing is ppl believe whatever theirown friends told them than staffs words isn't it?
Lewiss [2012107]
Every time something like this comes up and I see it I comment,

This is outright false, me and my spouse live together, run a faction together, pass billions in items and cash around, help eachother in fights with 0 in game communication.

I'm not sure exactly how multihunter works, but it sure works well enough to distinguish between 2 REAL people and not 1 person operating 2 accounts, there are probably some false positives though.

Just don't cheat, simples